newbie to group

  • lindagayefarver
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2011
      Just trying to get started; my grandfather was Elmer Alex Farver; born Nov. 11, 1890. He died in 1962. Was married to Mamie in 1956.

      My grandmother (his first wife) was Sue Bills Farver - born 3-22-1892 and died in June 1078.

      I believe that they were both born in Nebraska. She died in Osh Kosh, NE. He died in Iowa City, IA.

      Elmer & Sue (her name might actually have been Susie) had 3 children, Robert Fred (my father), Durward B (called Buzz) and Clell Maxton. They are all deceased - Clell died in Maryland, Buzz in Iowa, and my father in Florida.

      This is about all I know about the family, but I know it was a large family and I would like to find relatives. Just not sure how to go about it. Then I'd like to get started on my mother's side, but don't think it will be easy as the names are more common and there will be a lot more to weed through.