Re: Any information?

  • mccgram
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2010

      Barbara Radonis 14
      John Radonis 12
      Michael Kaonus 64

      View
      Original
      Record

      View original image

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "egisetter101" <egisetter101@...> wrote:

      > I have been doing my family history for about a year now. I have gotten
      > very far on my Dad's side but not really any where on my mom's. My
      > grandfather's paternal grandfather was Bugdonis Radonis who was born in
      > Vilnius,Lithuania and immigrated over to America and his paternal
      > grandmother Elizabeth Barbara ? also immigrated to the US from
      > Lithuania. I'm not sure if they married in Lithuania or America. They
      > had 6 kids Peter(my great grandfather),Barbara, Joseph, Alex, Frank and
      > John. My grandfather's maternal grandparents were Bernard Grigonis and
      > Frances ?. They both immigrated to America from Lithuania too. Frances
      > was born in Lithuania September 15, 1892. They had 5 kids John, Julia
      > (my great-grandmother),Anna, Frances, and Ruth.
      >
      > My great-grandmother was Theresa Raubinger who was born in Jimbolia,
      > Romania on July 16,1905 her name over there was Terese. She immigrated
      > over to America with her sister Katarina. Her sisters Barbara and
      > Margaret came over a few years earlier. Margaret went back to Romania.
      > She also had a brother Anton who lived in Germany who came over to visit
      > her a few times when she was in America. She also may have had other
      > siblings over there. Her parents stayed in Romania and were Mathias
      > Raubinger and Barbara Weber.
      >
      > I have heard from family members supposedly there is a Radonis Castle
      > over in Lithuania but I'm not sure if it is true. If anyone has any
      > information on these surnames or anything would be appreciated! Thank
      > You!
      >
      > -Reba

    • GrammyGoose
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2010
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "egisetter101" <egisetter101@...> wrote:

        > I have been doing my family history for about a year now. I have gotten
        > very far on my Dad's side but not really any where on my mom's. My
        > grandfather's paternal grandfather was Bugdonis Radonis who was born in
        > Vilnius,Lithuania and immigrated over to America and his paternal
        > grandmother Elizabeth Barbara ? also immigrated to the US from
        > Lithuania.

        -Reba
        If you need the maiden name for Elizabeth Barbara, you should try to get a copy of one of the american born childrens birth certificates (assuming they wer born during the time that births wer required to be registered in that state!). The certificate should have the mother's maiden name, as well as other possible useful information.