Re: South Korea research inquiryu

  • Dave Barton
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2010
      Family records are at the local level in South Korea. I recommend you check with companies in South Korea that help Koreans with the paperwork to marry American GI's (and other expats) and to obtain a visa to enter the US. They provide a copy of the original Korean document and an English translation. They should save you a lot of time. Korea is a clannish society and family relationships are important, so records are good.
      Good luck.