Re: Ancestor shot and killed Obit and grave lookup!

  • tenmans38@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2010
      My local Library does this but I always do my own myself.
      I put in a Quarter and it prints out the obit for me.
      I need to go to the library this week and look up my cousins
      great grandmothers obit.She knows she died here but lives
      to far away to look it up.She says there is no death certificate
      posted online.Our concern is because she died in a State Hospital
      that there maybe no obit.She died in 1915 and state hospitals then
      might be where many nursing home people would be today.For some
      reason if someone died in the state hospital here back then there
      never seem to be an obit. I hope I get lucky on this one.

      Mike

      Posted by: "Megan Heyl"
      As for the obit, contact the local library. They will often do a look
      up / copy for you.
      Since you have the date, that will help them greatly! (since they
      often go about 1 week before and after on searches).

      Our local library does this for $1.00
      They make a photo copy (off paper obit or microfilm) and mail it to you.