Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Sudeten Vertreibung- Expulsion

  • Mark Rabideau
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2010
      Hi Pamela

      You would need a region (Kreis) or town name to start an effective
      search. Almost everyone left for the US through either Bremen or
      Hamburg. Unfortunately, very few records survived the destruction of
      Germany in WW2. Perhaps you can get rumors of town names from old
      family Bibles, census records, military papers or similar to help kick
      of your search. I have published many more ideas as webposts and links
      here:

      http://www.many-roads.com/key-topics/tips-opinions-pointers/
      http://www.many-roads.com/key-topics/educational-materials/
      http://www.many-roads.com/link-directory/
      --

      Pax Vobiscum,
      ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

      Visit us at: http://many-roads.com
      Snail mail at: 711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
      phone:+1.303.660.9400 fax:+1.303.660.9217
      member: Association of Professional Genealogists & National Genealogical
      Society
      "It’s always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
      want him or whether you don’t."
      Rabbit, Pooh’s Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)

      From: mark_f_rabideau <genealogy@...>
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, December 9, 2010, 6:45 AM

      Hello Everyone

      I have placed a historical film on the Expulsions of Germans from the
      Sudetenland on ManyRoads.

      http://www.many-roads.com/2010/12/09/sudeten-vertreibung-sudeten-german-expulsion/

      mfg
      ...mark