Re: [Genealogy Research Club] What software for printing tree at home?

  • Andy Swarbrick
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 15, 2010
      I do all my formal genealogical tree work on
      http://www.familyecho.com, which is totally free and has no
      advertising. At any time you can print the tree and have control on
      how many pages are used, and whether it comes out in landscape or
      portrait.

      (Also you can export the data at any time in several formats for
      import into any other genealogical application or website.)

      On 14 December 2010 20:10, thahalibut <thahalibut@...> wrote:
      > Anyone know what program that makes a descendant family tree like a pyramid that allows you to print it on one 8.5x11 sheet on you home computer?
      > I need a free or low cost program.
      > thanks
    • NANCY MARIE BABER
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 15, 2010
        I've tried to go to the website you indicated here, nothing comes up, the
        server can't find it.

        ________________________________
        I do all my formal genealogical tree work on
        http://www.familyecho.com, which is totally free and has no
        advertising. At any time you can print the tree and have control on
        how many pages are used, and whether it comes out in landscape or
        portrait.

        (Also you can export the data at any time in several formats for
        import into any other genealogical application or website.)

        On 14 December 2010 20:10, thahalibut <thahalibut@...> wrote:
        > Anyone know what program that makes a descendant family tree like a pyramid
        >that allows you to print it on one 8.5x11 sheet on you home computer?
        > I need a free or low cost program.
        > thanks

      • s
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 15, 2010
          Works for me...even with the comma at the end of the link. Try losing the comma or click here http://www.familyecho.com/#edit:START
          sunny

          I've tried to go to the website you indicated here, nothing comes up, the
          server can't find it.

          ________________________________
          I do all my formal genealogical tree work on
          http://www.familyecho.com, which is totally free and has no
          advertising. At any time you can print the tree and have control on
          how many pages are used, and whether it comes out in landscape or
          portrait.

          (Also you can export the data at any time in several formats for
          import into any other genealogical application or website.)

          On 14 December 2010 20:10, thahalibut <thahalibut@...> wrote:
          > Anyone know what program that makes a descendant family tree like a pyramid
          >that allows you to print it on one 8.5x11 sheet on you home computer?
          > I need a free or low cost program.
          > thanks

        • Chris sparks
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 15, 2010
            you have to copy and paste it

            Chris

            I've tried to go to the website you indicated here, nothing comes up, the

            server can't find it.

            ________________________________

            I do all my formal genealogical tree work on

            http://www.familyecho.com, which is totally free and has no

            advertising. At any time you can print the tree and have control on

            how many pages are used, and whether it comes out in landscape or

            portrait.

            (Also you can export the data at any time in several formats for

            import into any other genealogical application or website.)

            On 14 December 2010 20:10, thahalibut <thahalibut@...> wrote:

            > Anyone know what program that makes a descendant family tree like a pyramid

            >that allows you to print it on one 8.5x11 sheet on you home computer?

            > I need a free or low cost program.

            > thanks

          • Joann H
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 15, 2010
              Try it with this link    http://www.familyecho.com

              It had a comma after the .com that was most likely causing the problem.  The above should work.

              Blessings,

              JoannH

              I've tried to go to the website you indicated here, nothing comes up, the

              server can't find it.

              ________________________________

              I do all my formal genealogical tree work on

              http://www.familyecho.com, which is totally free and has no

              advertising. At any time you can print the tree and have control on

              how many pages are used, and whether it comes out in landscape or

              portrait.

              (Also you can export the data at any time in several formats for

              import into any other genealogical application or website.)

              On 14 December 2010 20:10, thahalibut <thahalibut@...> wrote:

              > Anyone know what program that makes a descendant family tree like a pyramid

              >that allows you to print it on one 8.5x11 sheet on you home computer?

              > I need a free or low cost program.

              > thanks

            • Ms Brandy Sacco
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 16, 2010
                I use http://www.family-genealogy.com you can try it for 100 days free. It is
                a low cost program that that has that feature and many more. You can search
                FamilySearach Records and add directly to your tree.

                ________________________________
                I do all my formal genealogical tree work on
                http://www.familyecho.com, which is totally free and has no
                advertising. At any time you can print the tree and have control on
                how many pages are used, and whether it comes out in landscape or
                portrait.

                (Also you can export the data at any time in several formats for
                import into any other genealogical application or website.)

                On 14 December 2010 20:10, thahalibut <thahalibut@...> wrote:
                > Anyone know what program that makes a descendant family tree like a pyramid
                >that allows you to print it on one 8.5x11 sheet on you home computer?
                > I need a free or low cost program.
                > thanks

              • Barbara D
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 18, 2010
                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Andy Swarbrick <andyswarbs@...> wrote:

                  > I do all my formal genealogical tree work on
                  > http://www.familyecho.com, which is totally free and has no
                  > advertising.<

                  The original writer added a comma immediately after dot com

                  Try:

                  <http://www.familyecho.com>

                  Barbara D. Brill