Sudeten Vertreibung- Expulsion

  • mark_f_rabideau
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2010
      Hello Everyone

      I have placed a historical film on the Expulsions of Germans from the Sudetenland on ManyRoads.

      http://www.many-roads.com/2010/12/09/sudeten-vertreibung-sudeten-german-expulsion/

      mfg
      ...mark
    • Pamela Curry
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2010
        I have  been looking for information on my ancestors from there. The last name is Zeininger. My 2nd great grandfather came here in 1867 on the Normannia which departed from Hamburg, Germany. Can you make me any suggestions?

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2010
          Hi Pamela

          You would need a region (Kreis) or town name to start an effective
          search. Almost everyone left for the US through either Bremen or
          Hamburg. Unfortunately, very few records survived the destruction of
          Germany in WW2. Perhaps you can get rumors of town names from old
          family Bibles, census records, military papers or similar to help kick
          of your search. I have published many more ideas as webposts and links
          here:

          http://www.many-roads.com/key-topics/tips-opinions-pointers/
          http://www.many-roads.com/key-topics/educational-materials/
          http://www.many-roads.com/link-directory/
          --

          Pax Vobiscum,
          ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

          Visit us at: http://many-roads.com
          Snail mail at: 711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
          phone:+1.303.660.9400 fax:+1.303.660.9217
          member: Association of Professional Genealogists & National Genealogical
          Society
          "It’s always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
          want him or whether you don’t."
          Rabbit, Pooh’s Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)