Genealogy Software Question

  • Judy Ardine
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2010
      In this day and age of genealogy DNA testing is anyone using a software
      that allows for tracing the tail mail line eliminating those direct male
      descendents who died childless or to sort a pedigree down to the last known
      living tail male descendents???

      I've experimented w/a symbol after a , (comma) and a < at the end of the
      surname which helps w/recognizing which males are a proven end of the tail
      male line so that I can visually ignore them but it would be nice to have a
      way to not even include them when sorting thru 9 and 10 generations of a
      family surname. I'm only one of many whose direct line of descent has
      daughtered out and looking for living tail male descendents who would be
      willing to submit genealogy DNA testing.