Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Latest obituary collections added - 12-01-2010

  • cribbswh@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
      Dear Natalie,
      The search boxes that belong to each collection will have the name of the
      county. For example, on a Franklin County Obituary Collection, the search
      button will say "Search Franklin Co. Obits" on the gray button. The search
      window will have a faint watermark that says "GenealogyBuff.com". All of
      the other search engines are going to be from a sponsor.
      Hope this helps.
      Bill

      On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 5:54 PM, natalie garlock <chickweed5@...>wrote:

      > George, when I clicked on the blue box that said "search" that's when
      > another board came up on the site and asked for the credit card info.....I
      > followed Paula's directions and got the free board......... Don't you
      > think that the Ancestry. Com ads on TV are misleading? Every time one comes
      > on, I get irritated...it is so misleading........... Natalie
      >
      > --- On Wed, 12/1/10, george burnash <gburnash@...<gburnash%40earthlink.net>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: george burnash <gburnash@... <gburnash%40earthlink.net>>
      > Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Latest obituary collections added -
      > 12-01-2010
      > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com<genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 5:34 PM
      >

      > On 12/1/2010 4:18 PM, natalie garlock wrote:
      > > Hello.......when I clicked on the link for the Pa. deaths I got a "free
      > > for seven days" and then the next message was for my credit card
      > > info......so much for being "free"! Natalie G
      > >

      > Very odd as I went directly to the site, and then directly to a list of
      > obituaries. Never saw even even remotely resembling a free trial,
      > payment info, or anything asking for it.
      >
      > Sounds to me like there may be something else going on on your end with
      > your browser. Perhaps an odd toolbar trying to make some extra funds in
      > a not-so-nice way? There certainly isn't anything on the site asking
      > for funds that I could see.
      >
      > George
      > --

      Bill Cribbs