Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Latest obituary collections added - 12-01-2010

  • natalie garlock
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
      Hi    To both of you that answered my question...Thank you.  The guy that I am looking for wasn't listed anyway.  Not that I am surprised....can't find him anywhere "officially"...yet.

      Natalie

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
        Dear Natalie,
        The search boxes that belong to each collection will have the name of the
        county. For example, on a Franklin County Obituary Collection, the search
        button will say "Search Franklin Co. Obits" on the gray button. The search
        window will have a faint watermark that says "GenealogyBuff.com". All of
        the other search engines are going to be from a sponsor.
        Hope this helps.
        Bill

        On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 5:54 PM, natalie garlock <chickweed5@...>wrote:

        > George, when I clicked on the blue box that said "search" that's when
        > another board came up on the site and asked for the credit card info.....I
        > followed Paula's directions and got the free board......... Don't you
        > think that the Ancestry. Com ads on TV are misleading? Every time one comes
        > on, I get irritated...it is so misleading........... Natalie
        >
        > --- On Wed, 12/1/10, george burnash <gburnash@...<gburnash%40earthlink.net>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: george burnash <gburnash@... <gburnash%40earthlink.net>>
        > Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Latest obituary collections added -
        > 12-01-2010
        > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com<genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 5:34 PM
        >

        > On 12/1/2010 4:18 PM, natalie garlock wrote:
        > > Hello.......when I clicked on the link for the Pa. deaths I got a "free
        > > for seven days" and then the next message was for my credit card
        > > info......so much for being "free"! Natalie G
        > >

        > Very odd as I went directly to the site, and then directly to a list of
        > obituaries. Never saw even even remotely resembling a free trial,
        > payment info, or anything asking for it.
        >
        > Sounds to me like there may be something else going on on your end with
        > your browser. Perhaps an odd toolbar trying to make some extra funds in
        > a not-so-nice way? There certainly isn't anything on the site asking
        > for funds that I could see.
        >
        > George
        > --

        Bill Cribbs