Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Latest obituary collections added - 12-01-2010

  • george burnash
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2010
      On 12/1/2010 4:18 PM, natalie garlock wrote:
      > Hello.......when I clicked on the link for the Pa. deaths I got a "free
      > for seven days" and then the next message was for my credit card
      > info......so much for being "free"! Natalie G

      Very odd as I went directly to the site, and then directly to a list of
      obituaries. Never saw even even remotely resembling a free trial,
      payment info, or anything asking for it.

      Sounds to me like there may be something else going on on your end with
      your browser. Perhaps an odd toolbar trying to make some extra funds in
      a not-so-nice way? There certainly isn't anything on the site asking
      for funds that I could see.

      George
      --
      ------------------------------------
      With God, life is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
        Hi    To both of you that answered my question...Thank you.  The guy that I am looking for wasn't listed anyway.  Not that I am surprised....can't find him anywhere "officially"...yet.

        Natalie

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
          George,  when I clicked on the blue box that said "search" that's when another board came up on the site and asked for the credit card info.....I followed Paula's directions and got the free board.........      Don't you think that the Ancestry. Com ads on TV are misleading?  Every time one comes on, I get irritated...it is so misleading...........            Natalie

        • cribbswh@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
            Dear Natalie,
            The search boxes that belong to each collection will have the name of the
            county. For example, on a Franklin County Obituary Collection, the search
            button will say "Search Franklin Co. Obits" on the gray button. The search
            window will have a faint watermark that says "GenealogyBuff.com". All of
            the other search engines are going to be from a sponsor.
            Hope this helps.
            Bill

            On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 5:54 PM, natalie garlock <chickweed5@...>wrote:

            > George, when I clicked on the blue box that said "search" that's when
            > another board came up on the site and asked for the credit card info.....I
            > followed Paula's directions and got the free board......... Don't you
            > think that the Ancestry. Com ads on TV are misleading? Every time one comes
            > on, I get irritated...it is so misleading........... Natalie
            >
            > --- On Wed, 12/1/10, george burnash <gburnash@...<gburnash%40earthlink.net>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From: george burnash <gburnash@... <gburnash%40earthlink.net>>
            > Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Latest obituary collections added -
            > 12-01-2010
            > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com<genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>
            > Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 5:34 PM
            >

            > On 12/1/2010 4:18 PM, natalie garlock wrote:
            > > Hello.......when I clicked on the link for the Pa. deaths I got a "free
            > > for seven days" and then the next message was for my credit card
            > > info......so much for being "free"! Natalie G
            > >

            > Very odd as I went directly to the site, and then directly to a list of
            > obituaries. Never saw even even remotely resembling a free trial,
            > payment info, or anything asking for it.
            >
            > Sounds to me like there may be something else going on on your end with
            > your browser. Perhaps an odd toolbar trying to make some extra funds in
            > a not-so-nice way? There certainly isn't anything on the site asking
            > for funds that I could see.
            >
            > George
            > --

            Bill Cribbs