Re: How can I get others involved

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 16, 2010
      Sunny, what do you mean by the "fiasco at Ancestry a couple years ago"?

      Scott

      Re: How can I get others involved
      Posted by: "s" circa_1948@...   circa_1948
      Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:10 pm (PST)

      I'd guess this is because 10 yrs ago there was a huge boom in genealogists posting their info, prolly the majority. As younger generations mature they will add theirs too, right now the majority of researchers are mature and have already posted their info with no need to post more unless someone posts a Q they can answer.
      I myself am done with my researching in earnest and don't visit boards any longer but have offers on there to help others if they need it with either the black sheep searches I offer or info on my own lines one may share.
      Not all searchers are interested in nailing info on every single name on their lists as they r huge; just interested in closer lines.
      Also, many people stopped participating in Ancestry and affiliated boards after the fiasco in the news a couple yrs ago.
      Suggestions? Just keep posting your queries and patiently wait for the next wave of interest pops up.
      Sunny