Re: Weber-Weaver History

  • lynchmol
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
      Check genealogybooklinks.com it's a good site for free online genealogy books with a large number of family histories and biographies. Also, there are books by states. The Ohio page is pretty good.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "timothyfcampbell" <timothyfcampbell@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have a copy of "Weber-Weaver History - Descendants of Henry Weber 1690-1745" by M. G. Weaver/ W. Banks Weaver (Juniata Globe, Thompsontown, Pa.; 1966)? I dont have access to this book, but it's referred to as a source by another book. I am trying to unravel a mystery. I would appreciate if someone could lookup some information for me.
      >
      > Thanks for your assistance.

    • GrammyGoose
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2010
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "timothyfcampbell" <timothyfcampbell@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have a copy of "Weber-Weaver History - Descendants of Henry Weber 1690-1745" by M. G. Weaver/ W. Banks Weaver (Juniata Globe, Thompsontown, Pa.; 1966)? I dont have access to this book, but it's referred to as a source by another book. I am trying to unravel a mystery. I would appreciate if someone could lookup some information for me.
        >
        > Thanks for your assistance.

        Tim,
        A large online collection of genealogy and local history books are available at no charge at the web site of the Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University.
        http://www.lib.byu.edu/fhc.
        In addition, many books from all the collections are being scanned and made available at http://www.lib.byu.edu/fhc.

        Another great online books resource is at HeritageQuest Online. This web site is free for most people as the only method of accessing it is through a subscribing library. I can access it using my own library card, through their online access, check if your public library carries it.

        Google Books is a wonderful, free resource for genealogists. Google created a big stir when the company announced that it would start scanning books and making the full text of millions of out-of-copyright books online. Books within copyright are also available although limited in the amount of information that may be retrieved. Google has since been working to make millions of books available, and their effort is now beginning to pay off for genealogists. Start your search at http://books.google.com

        Good luck & Happy Hunting
      • mg
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2010
          mine has quit looking up stuff on ancestry.com and gives me a message about a
          firewall. I have unchecked the firewall and it does not help.

          I think I might have to reload and I can't find. Does anyone have one to sell?
          Or maybe I could trade my new FTM 2011, which I am not as fond of. mg