Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Divorce in the 1860's?

  • Jenni
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2010
      Hi Sunny,
        No the names are very different.  But good try!  You sound like me trying to
      search for any clue I can get!! : )
        Here is the info-   Nancy J. Berry Bankston Rogers (or Rodgers) married to
      Joseph Rogers /Rodgers.  (I have never seen them together in any census in the
      same household).
        Nancy J. Rogers (Rodgers) is in the 1870 census of Phillips County, Arkansas
      in Searcy Township aged 24 with her 2 children.  By themselves.  The children
      are Ida aged 4 and Berry aged around 6 months.  Nancy is stated to be a farmer.
      Nancy J. Rogers (Rodgers) are and 2 children are all born in Arkansas.
        Ok-  on the SAME Census about 10 lines down in a totally different household
      there IS a Joseph Rogers farmer aged 29 with 2 single males also in their 20's.
      The 2 single males are from Germany (or somewhere like that I can't
      remember.)  The 2 single males are laborers.

        S0- if this Joseph Rogers (Rodgers) IS her husband what is the deal with him
      living in a totally separate household as the head of house hold???  (My Rogers
      ancestors drive me crazy- they really do not like to give up information very
      easily! LOL
        Thanks Sunny for trying to help.
        Jenni : )