Re: Looking for Lillian M. Vivian of New Jersey

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
      Bingo! Got 'em! Also happens to be in Morris County (NJ) -

      1930 Mendham, Morris, New Jersey
      Wyckoff, Elias(?)/34/head/mason
      Lee, Anna/32:NJ:NJ:NJ/servant/divorced, Henry/12, Arthur/10
      Daniel L McDonald/20/boarder, Emma Scribner/15/boarder
      Lee, Edward, boarder 28 married at age 20 born NJ:NJ:NJ
      (), Lillian, boarder 23 married at age 16 born NJ:NJ:NJ

      There are several possible Edward LEE in 1920 (b.ca.1902+/-2),
      but a good candidate happens to be in Morris County (NJ) -
      Hanover, Morris, New Jersey
      Lee, William/42, Beulih/39, Edward F/16, William/12, Julia U/5,
      (), Margary U/69/mother/widow

      Looking for surname VIV* in Morris County (NJ), born NJ 1907+/-2,
      gives two possibles, both surname VIVIAN (!) -
      - firstname MYRTLE - 1920 Dover, Morris, New Jersey
      Vivian, William/48, Margaret/54
      Bryant, Elizabeth/30/stepdau, Charles/28/stepson
      Vivian, Florence/18/dau, Myrtle/12/dau
      Bryant, Theodore/32/stepson/married, Arthur/12, Fay/5, Samuel/1+8m
      - firstname VIOLET - 1920 Randolph, Morris, New Jersey
      Vivian, Richard/34, Vine/31, Violet/12, Richard/16

      Following the first lead -
      1910 Dover Ward 1, Morris, New Jersey
      Vivian, William/38/marr.1, Maggie A/40/marr.2,
      - married 15 years, 7 children 7 living (for Maggie)
      (), Florence/12, Myrtle/3 (indexed as MABEL)
      Bryant, Elizabeth M/22/stepdau, Charles L/19/stepson

      CAUTION - there is an Ancestry.com Public Member Tree that has a Myrtle VIVIAN from NJ born 1908 (dau of William VIVIAN) married to a Charles ENDAHL. This does not definitively rule out this Myrtle as a candidate for you, but does cast some doubt on the possibility.

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Carol Lahr" <sclahr@...> wrote:

      > Oh I wish but according to records so far Lillian May Vivian married Edward Lee at the age of 15 in 1923 and he was 20. I am in the process of having someone checking for marriage license Application in the hopes of finding more information. Thank you so much for your help. It is really appeciated.

    • Carol Lahr
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
        Wow Thank you so much for all your help. This will give us a place to search more in depth. I really appreciate all the help you and this group has given me. You all are awesome.

        Thank you again.
        Carol

        GOD has a history of using the insignificant
        to accomplish the impossible.-Anonymous