Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re:Looking for Lillian M. Vivian of New Jersey

  • Carol Lahr
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
      Thank you for your help. I am helping a friend and this is the information she gave me. I couldn't find an Ellis City in NJ either but I did find an Ellisburg in Camden Co., NJ. Also the Morris is supposed to be Morris County, NJ and I believe that is where we will be looking mostly.

      I also lived in NJ for 17 yrs. Where did you live. We lived in Mt Olive Twp., Budd Lake. Still have many friends living there.

      Fondly
      Cousincarol

      GOD has a history of using the insignificant

      to accomplish the impossible.-Anonymous
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
        Bingo! Got 'em! Also happens to be in Morris County (NJ) -

        1930 Mendham, Morris, New Jersey
        Wyckoff, Elias(?)/34/head/mason
        Lee, Anna/32:NJ:NJ:NJ/servant/divorced, Henry/12, Arthur/10
        Daniel L McDonald/20/boarder, Emma Scribner/15/boarder
        Lee, Edward, boarder 28 married at age 20 born NJ:NJ:NJ
        (), Lillian, boarder 23 married at age 16 born NJ:NJ:NJ

        There are several possible Edward LEE in 1920 (b.ca.1902+/-2),
        but a good candidate happens to be in Morris County (NJ) -
        Hanover, Morris, New Jersey
        Lee, William/42, Beulih/39, Edward F/16, William/12, Julia U/5,
        (), Margary U/69/mother/widow

        Looking for surname VIV* in Morris County (NJ), born NJ 1907+/-2,
        gives two possibles, both surname VIVIAN (!) -
        - firstname MYRTLE - 1920 Dover, Morris, New Jersey
        Vivian, William/48, Margaret/54
        Bryant, Elizabeth/30/stepdau, Charles/28/stepson
        Vivian, Florence/18/dau, Myrtle/12/dau
        Bryant, Theodore/32/stepson/married, Arthur/12, Fay/5, Samuel/1+8m
        - firstname VIOLET - 1920 Randolph, Morris, New Jersey
        Vivian, Richard/34, Vine/31, Violet/12, Richard/16

        Following the first lead -
        1910 Dover Ward 1, Morris, New Jersey
        Vivian, William/38/marr.1, Maggie A/40/marr.2,
        - married 15 years, 7 children 7 living (for Maggie)
        (), Florence/12, Myrtle/3 (indexed as MABEL)
        Bryant, Elizabeth M/22/stepdau, Charles L/19/stepson

        CAUTION - there is an Ancestry.com Public Member Tree that has a Myrtle VIVIAN from NJ born 1908 (dau of William VIVIAN) married to a Charles ENDAHL. This does not definitively rule out this Myrtle as a candidate for you, but does cast some doubt on the possibility.

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Carol Lahr" <sclahr@...> wrote:

        > Oh I wish but according to records so far Lillian May Vivian married Edward Lee at the age of 15 in 1923 and he was 20. I am in the process of having someone checking for marriage license Application in the hopes of finding more information. Thank you so much for your help. It is really appeciated.

      • Carol Lahr
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
          Wow Thank you so much for all your help. This will give us a place to search more in depth. I really appreciate all the help you and this group has given me. You all are awesome.

          Thank you again.