Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Looking for Lillian M. Vivian of New Jersey

  • Carol Lahr
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
      Oh I wish but according to records so far Lillian May Vivian married Edward Lee at the age of 15 in 1923 and he was 20. I am in the process of having someone checking for marriage license Application in the hopes of finding more information. Thank you so much for your help. It is really appeciated.

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
        Carol:

        Can you double check your information as to where Lillian M. Vivian was
        born, there is no Ellis City, NJ. Also, there is no Morris, NJ. There is a
        Morristown, NJ and also Morris Plains, NJ. (I lived in NJ for 30 years). As
        for information regarding finding divorce information you might check with
        the courts in Trenton, NJ and find out if there is a record of the divorce
        and what NJ's rule for releasing the information is. I know that in NY the
        divorce papers are sealed for 100 years unless there is permission from the
        parties involved.

        Once you have the info as far as at least the place of birth it might be
        easier to help you.

        Ina Getzoff
        _Peakcat@..._ (mailto:Peakcat@...)

      • Carol Lahr
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
          Thank you for your help. I am helping a friend and this is the information she gave me. I couldn't find an Ellis City in NJ either but I did find an Ellisburg in Camden Co., NJ. Also the Morris is supposed to be Morris County, NJ and I believe that is where we will be looking mostly.

          I also lived in NJ for 17 yrs. Where did you live. We lived in Mt Olive Twp., Budd Lake. Still have many friends living there.

          Fondly
          Cousincarol

          GOD has a history of using the insignificant

          to accomplish the impossible.-Anonymous
          Can you double check your information as to where Lillian M. Vivian was
          born, there is no Ellis City, NJ. Also, there is no Morris, NJ. There is a
          Morristown, NJ and also Morris Plains, NJ. (I lived in NJ for 30 years). As
          for information regarding finding divorce information you might check with
          the courts in Trenton, NJ and find out if there is a record of the divorce
          and what NJ's rule for releasing the information is. I know that in NY the
          divorce papers are sealed for 100 years unless there is permission from the
          parties involved.

          Once you have the info as far as at least the place of birth it might be
          easier to help you.

          Ina Getzoff
          _Peakcat@..._ (mailto:Peakcat@...)

        • Bloodhound; Kermit
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
            Bingo! Got 'em! Also happens to be in Morris County (NJ) -

            1930 Mendham, Morris, New Jersey
            Wyckoff, Elias(?)/34/head/mason
            Lee, Anna/32:NJ:NJ:NJ/servant/divorced, Henry/12, Arthur/10
            Daniel L McDonald/20/boarder, Emma Scribner/15/boarder
            Lee, Edward, boarder 28 married at age 20 born NJ:NJ:NJ
            (), Lillian, boarder 23 married at age 16 born NJ:NJ:NJ

            There are several possible Edward LEE in 1920 (b.ca.1902+/-2),
            but a good candidate happens to be in Morris County (NJ) -
            Hanover, Morris, New Jersey
            Lee, William/42, Beulih/39, Edward F/16, William/12, Julia U/5,
            (), Margary U/69/mother/widow

            Looking for surname VIV* in Morris County (NJ), born NJ 1907+/-2,
            gives two possibles, both surname VIVIAN (!) -
            - firstname MYRTLE - 1920 Dover, Morris, New Jersey
            Vivian, William/48, Margaret/54
            Bryant, Elizabeth/30/stepdau, Charles/28/stepson
            Vivian, Florence/18/dau, Myrtle/12/dau
            Bryant, Theodore/32/stepson/married, Arthur/12, Fay/5, Samuel/1+8m
            - firstname VIOLET - 1920 Randolph, Morris, New Jersey
            Vivian, Richard/34, Vine/31, Violet/12, Richard/16

            Following the first lead -
            1910 Dover Ward 1, Morris, New Jersey
            Vivian, William/38/marr.1, Maggie A/40/marr.2,
            - married 15 years, 7 children 7 living (for Maggie)
            (), Florence/12, Myrtle/3 (indexed as MABEL)
            Bryant, Elizabeth M/22/stepdau, Charles L/19/stepson

            CAUTION - there is an Ancestry.com Public Member Tree that has a Myrtle VIVIAN from NJ born 1908 (dau of William VIVIAN) married to a Charles ENDAHL. This does not definitively rule out this Myrtle as a candidate for you, but does cast some doubt on the possibility.

            - Tom Knox

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Carol Lahr" <sclahr@...> wrote:

            > Oh I wish but according to records so far Lillian May Vivian married Edward Lee at the age of 15 in 1923 and he was 20. I am in the process of having someone checking for marriage license Application in the hopes of finding more information. Thank you so much for your help. It is really appeciated.

          • Carol Lahr
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
              Wow Thank you so much for all your help. This will give us a place to search more in depth. I really appreciate all the help you and this group has given me. You all are awesome.

              Thank you again.