Looking for Lillian M. Vivian of New Jersey

  • Carol L.
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2010
      Hello Group

      I am looking for the parents of Lillian M. Vivian of New Jersey. She was born Jan 28 1907 in Ellis City, N.J.

      Married to Edward F. Lee April 16th 1923 in Mr. Arlington, N. J. by Richard J. Chaplin. They were divorced sometime between 1939 and 1941. Any help would be appreciated.

      Sincerely

      Carol L.
    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
        Carol -

        is this them?

        1930 Roxbury, Morris, New Jersey
        Lee, Edwin, head 25 married at age 23 born NJ:NJ:NJ Painter
        (), Mildred V, wife 22 married at age 20 born NJ:NJ:NJ

        NOTE: Mount Arlington (NJ) is in Morris County.
        http://www.ci.mount-arlington.nj.us/

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Carol L." <sclahr@...> wrote:

        > Hello Group
        >
        > I am looking for the parents of Lillian M. Vivian of New Jersey. She was born Jan 28 1907 in Ellis City, N.J.
        >
        > Married to Edward F. Lee April 16th 1923 in Mr. Arlington, N. J. by Richard J. Chaplin. They were divorced sometime between 1939 and 1941. Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Sincerely
        >
        > Carol L.
      • Carol Lahr
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
          Oh I wish but according to records so far Lillian May Vivian married Edward Lee at the age of 15 in 1923 and he was 20. I am in the process of having someone checking for marriage license Application in the hopes of finding more information. Thank you so much for your help. It is really appeciated.

        • Peakcat@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
            Carol:

            Can you double check your information as to where Lillian M. Vivian was
            born, there is no Ellis City, NJ. Also, there is no Morris, NJ. There is a
            Morristown, NJ and also Morris Plains, NJ. (I lived in NJ for 30 years). As
            for information regarding finding divorce information you might check with
            the courts in Trenton, NJ and find out if there is a record of the divorce
            and what NJ's rule for releasing the information is. I know that in NY the
            divorce papers are sealed for 100 years unless there is permission from the
            parties involved.

            Once you have the info as far as at least the place of birth it might be
            easier to help you.

            Ina Getzoff
            _Peakcat@..._ (mailto:Peakcat@...)

          • Carol Lahr
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
              Thank you for your help. I am helping a friend and this is the information she gave me. I couldn't find an Ellis City in NJ either but I did find an Ellisburg in Camden Co., NJ. Also the Morris is supposed to be Morris County, NJ and I believe that is where we will be looking mostly.

              I also lived in NJ for 17 yrs. Where did you live. We lived in Mt Olive Twp., Budd Lake. Still have many friends living there.

              Fondly
              Cousincarol

              GOD has a history of using the insignificant

              to accomplish the impossible.-Anonymous

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
                Bingo! Got 'em! Also happens to be in Morris County (NJ) -

                1930 Mendham, Morris, New Jersey
                Wyckoff, Elias(?)/34/head/mason
                Lee, Anna/32:NJ:NJ:NJ/servant/divorced, Henry/12, Arthur/10
                Daniel L McDonald/20/boarder, Emma Scribner/15/boarder
                Lee, Edward, boarder 28 married at age 20 born NJ:NJ:NJ
                (), Lillian, boarder 23 married at age 16 born NJ:NJ:NJ

                There are several possible Edward LEE in 1920 (b.ca.1902+/-2),
                but a good candidate happens to be in Morris County (NJ) -
                Hanover, Morris, New Jersey
                Lee, William/42, Beulih/39, Edward F/16, William/12, Julia U/5,
                (), Margary U/69/mother/widow

                Looking for surname VIV* in Morris County (NJ), born NJ 1907+/-2,
                gives two possibles, both surname VIVIAN (!) -
                - firstname MYRTLE - 1920 Dover, Morris, New Jersey
                Vivian, William/48, Margaret/54
                Bryant, Elizabeth/30/stepdau, Charles/28/stepson
                Vivian, Florence/18/dau, Myrtle/12/dau
                Bryant, Theodore/32/stepson/married, Arthur/12, Fay/5, Samuel/1+8m
                - firstname VIOLET - 1920 Randolph, Morris, New Jersey
                Vivian, Richard/34, Vine/31, Violet/12, Richard/16

                Following the first lead -
                1910 Dover Ward 1, Morris, New Jersey
                Vivian, William/38/marr.1, Maggie A/40/marr.2,
                - married 15 years, 7 children 7 living (for Maggie)
                (), Florence/12, Myrtle/3 (indexed as MABEL)
                Bryant, Elizabeth M/22/stepdau, Charles L/19/stepson

                CAUTION - there is an Ancestry.com Public Member Tree that has a Myrtle VIVIAN from NJ born 1908 (dau of William VIVIAN) married to a Charles ENDAHL. This does not definitively rule out this Myrtle as a candidate for you, but does cast some doubt on the possibility.

                - Tom Knox

                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Carol Lahr" <sclahr@...> wrote:

                > Oh I wish but according to records so far Lillian May Vivian married Edward Lee at the age of 15 in 1923 and he was 20. I am in the process of having someone checking for marriage license Application in the hopes of finding more information. Thank you so much for your help. It is really appeciated.

              • Carol Lahr
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
                  Wow Thank you so much for all your help. This will give us a place to search more in depth. I really appreciate all the help you and this group has given me. You all are awesome.

                  Thank you again.