Re: Kansas Death certificate and obituary

  • hydi828
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2010
      Jenni, I did a little searching for you and couldn't find anything either but have you contacted the Greenwood County Historical Society? They are very helpful at least when I was researching my family in Kansas, here is their address & phone #: 120 West 4th Street Eureka, KS 67045-1445 (620) 583-6682.

      They will do a search for donations so it won't cost that much. You can also write to the library in Eureka, Kansas and they will help also. Eureka is the county seat for Greenwood county.

      Hope this helps
      Tammy

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Jenni <jenicoe2001@...> wrote:

      > Hi- does anyone have access to Kansas Death Certificates and obituaries?  (Death
      > notice, anything! )
      >   I need the Death Certificate and obituary for:
      >
      >       Ida M. Jackson   (May also be referred to as Mrs. A. L. Jackson.)
      >       Died Oct. 10, 1926 in Greenwood County, Kansas - town of Madison, Kansas.
      >       Born Oct. 10, 1866 in Arkansas.  (Or might say she was born in Oak Grove,
      > Louisiana.)
      >       She is the widow of Andrew L. Jackson.
      >       She is survived by her daughter Mrs. Blanche Squires and son in law Mr. E.
      > O. Squires.
      >       (*Note*- she was not buried in Kansas.  She was buried in Oklahoma, but I
      > do not know where in Oklahoma.)
      >
      >   I appreciate any help!  I have looked online and cannot find this
      > information.  I also live too far away to go there myself and do the  research
      > in person.
      >   Thank you so much!
      >   Jenni : )

    • Barbara D
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2010
        Jenni, what is the lady's maiden name?

        Or, if you lack that, then try searching for her by doing a search of her husband, if you have his birth year or death year/ and state or residence.

        Barbara D.
      • Paula Rubar - Hansen
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2010
          Barbara,

          Could you please do a lookup on a death record for me? I was told that my relative died in wichita falls texas, yet I contacted the vital records there and they had no record. I know that they also lived in Kansas, and I an thinking that the person who gave me the information was mistaken, and that it may be in Wichita Kansas. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

          Thanks,

          Paula