Loyalists

  • Barb Chandler
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2010
      I believe the father of my gg granfather, Asa Emmons, was a loyalist.

      The reason I believe this is records that I've found on Asa give conflicting
      information as to his POB, some say Canada,some CT, and one even says NY.
      Several people I've asked have suggested looking at people who during the
      Revolutionary war went to Canada.

      I've found a possible clue in the Upper Canada Land Petitions. Two men, John
      and Eli Emons, were loyalists and granted land in Kingston Canada about the
      same time Asa was born.

      How can I follow up on this clue?

      Any suggestions will be appreciated.

      Thanks, Barb Chandler

    • Joy Weaver
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010
        Barb,

        Begin here: http://www.uelac.org/

        That's the site of the United Empire Loyalists of Canada. They are
        likely to have the best information about the men who had the Kingston
        grant and their descendants and can probably refer you to additional
        sources as well.

        Joy Weaver

      • Barb Chandler
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010
          Thank you so much.

          I've book marked the page, and will check it out.

          Barb Chandler

          On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Joy Weaver <joyweave@...> wrote:

          > Barb,
          >
          > Begin here: http://www.uelac.org/
          >
          > That's the site of the United Empire Loyalists of Canada. They are
          > likely to have the best information about the men who had the Kingston
          > grant and their descendants and can probably refer you to additional
          > sources as well.
          >
          > Joy Weaver

          Barb Chandler Writer and Photographer
          barbchandler.org