Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Looking for Alexanders

  • mccgram
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
      When was he born....

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Tammy Jernigan <apanther_stalks@...> wrote:

      > Hi here is some info I found for you.
      > Robert Jefferson Alexander
      > Born Oct. 6, 1806, Ohio
      > Died Jan. 30, 1863, Ohio
      > Father- James Alexander (1757-1852)
      > Mother- Isabella Ross (1767-1845)
      >  He married twice. His first wife was Mary Ann Jennings on Nov.1, 1831. His second wife was Rachel Rebecca Jennings. He married on Jan. 20, 1846.
      >  I hope this info helps you. Happy Hunting.
      >
      > Tammy Jernigan
      > http://www.myspace.com/geneologyhuntress
      > http://www.etsy.com/shop/Jernigansjewelry

    • natalie garlock
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 20, 2010
        Thanks Tammy for the info, but he's not the right guy.  The one I am looking for would be in the next generation...or maybe even the one after.   These Alexanders used the same names over and over....makes ya crazy trying to figure out who is who.......but thanks for taking the time to help.                                      Natalie

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 23, 2010
          Okay - then how about *this* family?

          1880 Washington, Belmont, Ohio
          Alexander, R J, 40 physician born OH:OH:OH
          (), Mary A/27/wife, M T/16/dau, Lorena/5/dau, Robert R/1/son
          NOTE: either M T is actually age 6, or M T is not Mary's child!

          1900 Roy, Pierce, Washington
          Alexander, Robert, head 62 married 27 yrs born Dec 1837 OH:OH:OH
          (), Mary, wife 48 married 27 yrs born Mar 1852 OH:OH:OH
          - 2 children 2 living
          (), Leorena/22, Robert/21

          1910 Roy, Pierce, Washington
          Alexander, Robt J/72:OH:OH:OH, Mary A/55:OH:OH:OH, Lorena/34:OH
          Phillips, Eliza E, mother-in-law 77 widow born OH:OH:OH

          - Tom Knox