Looking for Alexanders

  • Natalie Garlock
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
      I am looking for info on a RJ Alexander,MD who in the late 1880's lived in Tacoma Washington. He would have been born in Ohio (ST Clairsville, Belmont county) Had 2 brothers, William Wilson Alexander and two sisters, a Theresa and Lucy Rood(nee Alexander.
    • Tammy Jernigan
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
        Hi here is some info I found for you.
        Robert Jefferson Alexander
        Born Oct. 6, 1806, Ohio
        Died Jan. 30, 1863, Ohio
        Father- James Alexander (1757-1852)
        Mother- Isabella Ross (1767-1845)
         He married twice. His first wife was Mary Ann Jennings on Nov.1, 1831. His second wife was Rachel Rebecca Jennings. He married on Jan. 20, 1846.
         I hope this info helps you. Happy Hunting.

        Tammy Jernigan
        http://www.myspace.com/geneologyhuntress
        http://www.etsy.com/shop/Jernigansjewelry

        I am looking for info on a RJ Alexander,MD who in the late 1880's lived in Tacoma Washington. He would have been born in Ohio (ST Clairsville, Belmont county) Had 2 brothers, William Wilson Alexander and two sisters, a Theresa and Lucy Rood(nee Alexander.

      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2010
          When was he born....

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Tammy Jernigan <apanther_stalks@...> wrote:

          > Hi here is some info I found for you.
          > Robert Jefferson Alexander
          > Born Oct. 6, 1806, Ohio
          > Died Jan. 30, 1863, Ohio
          > Father- James Alexander (1757-1852)
          > Mother- Isabella Ross (1767-1845)
          >  He married twice. His first wife was Mary Ann Jennings on Nov.1, 1831. His second wife was Rachel Rebecca Jennings. He married on Jan. 20, 1846.
          >  I hope this info helps you. Happy Hunting.
          >
          > Tammy Jernigan
          > http://www.myspace.com/geneologyhuntress
          > http://www.etsy.com/shop/Jernigansjewelry

        • natalie garlock
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 20, 2010
            Thanks Tammy for the info, but he's not the right guy.  The one I am looking for would be in the next generation...or maybe even the one after.   These Alexanders used the same names over and over....makes ya crazy trying to figure out who is who.......but thanks for taking the time to help.                                      Natalie

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 23, 2010
              Okay - then how about *this* family?

              1880 Washington, Belmont, Ohio
              Alexander, R J, 40 physician born OH:OH:OH
              (), Mary A/27/wife, M T/16/dau, Lorena/5/dau, Robert R/1/son
              NOTE: either M T is actually age 6, or M T is not Mary's child!

              1900 Roy, Pierce, Washington
              Alexander, Robert, head 62 married 27 yrs born Dec 1837 OH:OH:OH
              (), Mary, wife 48 married 27 yrs born Mar 1852 OH:OH:OH
              - 2 children 2 living
              (), Leorena/22, Robert/21

              1910 Roy, Pierce, Washington
              Alexander, Robt J/72:OH:OH:OH, Mary A/55:OH:OH:OH, Lorena/34:OH
              Phillips, Eliza E, mother-in-law 77 widow born OH:OH:OH

              - Tom Knox