Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Family name of Caskey

  • Mary Stewart
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2010
      Hi!  Do you know what state he was born in?
      Thanx!
      Mary

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2010
        Hi, here is some info I found.
         Indiana Marriage Collection.
        Name:
        Ambrose J Caskey

        Spouse Name:
        Mary C. Eib

        Marriage Date:

        Marriage County:
        Randolph

        Performed By:
        John Grow

        Source Title 1:
        Randolph County Indiana

        Source Title 2:
        Marriage Record 1875-1879

        Source Title 3:
        Compiled by Margaret Snyder------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        1880 census
        Name:
        Jefferson Caskey

        Home in 1880:
        Palestine, Darke, Ohio

        Age:
        29

        Estimated birth year:
        abt 1851

        Birthplace:
        Ohio

        Relation to Head of Household:
        Self (Head)

        Spouse's name:
        Mary Caskey

        Father's birthplace:
        Maryland

        Mother's birthplace:
        Indiana

        Neighbors:
        View others on page

        Occupation:
        Trading Horses

        Marital Status:
        Married

        Race:
        White

        Gender:
        MaleHousehold Members:

        Name
        Age

        Jefferson Caskey
        29

        Mary Caskey
        21

        Laura B. Caskey
        2

        Aivilia Caskey
        8m------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Name: Ambrose Jefferson Caskey
        Sex: M
        Birth: 21 JAN 1851 in Ohio
        Death: ABT 1899 in near Jonesboro, Arkansas
        Burial: Unmarked grave

        Tammy Jernigan
        http://www.myspace.com/geneologyhuntress
        http://www.etsy.com/shop/Jernigansjewelry

        I am looking for information on the name Caskey.    My great grandfather was

        Ambrose Jefferson Caskey.  He was born 1851.

      • Janice Miller
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2010
          He was born in Ohio. His father. Was born in Maryland. Mother. Indiana. I found a little on him on the 1880 census. But I can't find out who his parents names. Any help. Is appreciated

          Janice miller

          On Oct 18, 2010, at 11:22 AM, Mary Stewart <mary.stewart52@...> wrote:

          > Hi! Do you know what state he was born in?
          > Thanx!
          > Mary

        • mg
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 20, 2010
            COuld it be related to McCLoskey?  Lots of Irish modified their names or it was
            done for them...mg

            He was born in Ohio. His father. Was born in Maryland. Mother. Indiana. I found
            a little on him on the 1880 census. But I can't find out who his parents names.
            Any help. Is appreciated

            Janice miller

          • Janice Caskey Miller
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 22, 2010
              I think I heard someone mention some of the Caskeys came from Scotland and the spelling was different so yes could by McCloskey.......... Would love to find Ambrose's parents info....will check out that name.......thank you..for all help........j

              From: Janice Miller <jgcm03@...>