Family name of Caskey

  • Janice Caskey Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2010
      I am looking for information on the name Caskey.    My great grandfather was
      Ambrose Jefferson Caskey.  He was born 1851.

    • Mary Stewart
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2010
        Hi!  Do you know what state he was born in?
        Thanx!
        Mary

        I am looking for information on the name Caskey.    My great grandfather was

        Ambrose Jefferson Caskey.  He was born 1851.

      • Tammy Jernigan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 18, 2010
          Hi, here is some info I found.
           Indiana Marriage Collection.
          Name:
          Ambrose J Caskey

          Spouse Name:
          Mary C. Eib

          Marriage Date:

          Marriage County:
          Randolph

          Performed By:
          John Grow

          Source Title 1:
          Randolph County Indiana

          Source Title 2:
          Marriage Record 1875-1879

          Source Title 3:
          Compiled by Margaret Snyder------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          1880 census
          Name:
          Jefferson Caskey

          Home in 1880:
          Palestine, Darke, Ohio

          Age:
          29

          Estimated birth year:
          abt 1851

          Birthplace:
          Ohio

          Relation to Head of Household:
          Self (Head)

          Spouse's name:
          Mary Caskey

          Father's birthplace:
          Maryland

          Mother's birthplace:
          Indiana

          Neighbors:
          View others on page

          Occupation:
          Trading Horses

          Marital Status:
          Married

          Race:
          White

          Gender:
          MaleHousehold Members:

          Name
          Age

          Jefferson Caskey
          29

          Mary Caskey
          21

          Laura B. Caskey
          2

          Aivilia Caskey
          8m------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          Name: Ambrose Jefferson Caskey
          Sex: M
          Birth: 21 JAN 1851 in Ohio
          Death: ABT 1899 in near Jonesboro, Arkansas
          Burial: Unmarked grave

          Tammy Jernigan
          http://www.myspace.com/geneologyhuntress
          http://www.etsy.com/shop/Jernigansjewelry

          I am looking for information on the name Caskey.    My great grandfather was

          Ambrose Jefferson Caskey.  He was born 1851.

        • Janice Miller
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2010
            He was born in Ohio. His father. Was born in Maryland. Mother. Indiana. I found a little on him on the 1880 census. But I can't find out who his parents names. Any help. Is appreciated

            Janice miller

            On Oct 18, 2010, at 11:22 AM, Mary Stewart <mary.stewart52@...> wrote:

            > Hi! Do you know what state he was born in?
            > Thanx!
            > Mary

          • mg
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 20, 2010
              COuld it be related to McCLoskey?  Lots of Irish modified their names or it was
              done for them...mg

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 22, 2010
                I think I heard someone mention some of the Caskeys came from Scotland and the spelling was different so yes could by McCloskey.......... Would love to find Ambrose's parents info....will check out that name.......thank you..for all help........j

                From: Janice Miller <jgcm03@...>