Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Help! with Family Tree Maker 2010

  • pedj
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2010
      Helen: If after installing FTM 2010 you can not get to the ancestry.com records or see the little green leaves it usually has to do with the registration of the program with family tree maker. As you register you enter you ancestry.com user name and password. Make sure you enter it exactly right or you connection to ancestry will not work through the FTM program. Secondly, do you have a paid membership with ancestry.com or did you receive a limited membership (30 day, 60 day etc) without a paid membership you will not have the little green leaves or access to ancestry.com

      When you install FTM 2010 you should still have your 2008 version on your computer. 2010 is different enough that it installs in a different folder. Once you open 2010 it find your old 2008 files and imports then into 2010. If you want to go back to 2008 you may have to export the files into 2008 format by going to 1. "File" on the menu bar, 2. "Export" 3. Export format choose entire file and output format-- FTM 2008 from the drop down menu, 4. "okay" 5. choose a location on your hard drive, probably your Family Tree Maker 2008 folder found on your C: drive under Programs/Family Tree Maker 2008.

      Hopefully that will help.
      Clark