German Ship Register - Translation Help?

  • lobsterjesus
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2010
      Hey there, can anyone offer their help in transcribing a German ship register? I think this is my great grandfather's ship record.

      I can email the PDF to anyone who responds.

      Thanks,

      Scott Leonard
      San Francisco, CA
      lobsterjesus@...
    • Marie Abajian
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2010
        My German is completely rusty, and my daughter that speaks and reads it
        isn't around to help. but here are two websites that have the genealogical
        words translations that could help with the transcribing, I've used similar
        websites to translate some of the Swedish and Danish records.

        Family Search research guidance: http://tinyurl.com/2ecafv

        Old German Script translations: http://tinyurl.com/27ofvat

        Marie

        Hey there, can anyone offer their help in transcribing a German ship
        register? I think this is my great grandfather's ship record.

        I can email the PDF to anyone who responds.

        Thanks,

        Scott Leonard
        San Francisco, CA
        lobsterjesus@... <mailto:lobsterjesus%40yahoo.com>

      • Robin
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2010
          Also you can upload your .pdf to FamilySearch Forums (
          forums.familysearch.org) where someone will translate for you:
          Here is the German section of the Forums;
          http://forums.familysearch.org/en/forumdisplay.php?f=68

          It is best to register first. It is free.

          Sincerely,
          Robin aka @savingstories on Twitter

          On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Marie Abajian <mjabajian@...> wrote:

          > My German is completely rusty, and my daughter that speaks and reads it
          > isn't around to help. but here are two websites that have the genealogical
          > words translations that could help with the transcribing, I've used similar
          > websites to translate some of the Swedish and Danish records.
          >
          > Family Search research guidance: http://tinyurl.com/2ecafv
          >
          > Old German Script translations: http://tinyurl.com/27ofvat
          >
          > Marie

          *About Me:
          **Heritage Makers Business:* http://heritagemakers.com/171733
          *Latest Book:* http://bit.ly/Eyes2See
          *LinkedIn Profile:* http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robin-foster/20/8b6/992
          *Robin's Family History Store:
          *http://astore.amazon.com/savistor-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=1
          *DigiFrugals:*
          http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=134247586608052<http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#%21/group.php?gid=134247586608052>

          *Grow Your family Tree With FamilySearch Products!
          *Forums (My Profile): http://forums.familysearch.org/en/member.php?u=88
          Wiki: https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Main_Page

          *Finding Income Opportunities Using Social Media:*
          Track2Success:
          http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=137654826258912<http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#%21/group.php?gid=137654826258912>
          http://track2success.wordpress.com/

        • Jacqueline Massad
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2010
            yeah, OK go ahead.............Regards,Jacky

            To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com