1920 Census Enumerators

  • Dave Barton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2010
      Does anyone know how to find the work of specific enumerators who worked for the 1920 Census.

      I've just finished working as a crew leader for the 2010 Census. It was a great job and helped me appreciate the work of those enumerators that has been so valuable in my genealogical research. I confess I feel a bit of pride in the thought that 72 years from now, future genealogists may use my work to fill in the blanks in their family trees.

      I'm not the first in my family to work for the Census. My grandmother, Harriott Benedict Wickham and her sister (my godmother) Eleanor Shaon Wickham, were enumerators in Columbus, Ohio for the 1920 Census. I wonder if there is a way to search for their work in the Census records and if there is, would be grateful for advice on how to do it.

      Regards,
      Dave Barton