Re: [Genealogy Research Club] MAC Versus PC

  • Mark Rabideau
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 15, 2010
      Remember there's no reason to be forced into setting up on a specific
      PC/MAC or Linux platform unless you like computer conversions. You can
      always set things up on a secure or public website. If you do that all
      you need is a computer with a browser. There is good open source (Free)
      software to allow you to accomplish the task... phpgedview. There are
      also packages that support all major OS platforms like MAC, Windows &
      Linux e.g. like GRAMPS see:
      http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Download

      Pax Vobiscum,
      ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

      Visit us at: http://many-roads.com
      Snail mail at: 711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
      member: Association of Professional Genealogists & National Genealogical
      Society
      “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of
      knowledge."
      Steven Hawking

      From: Karen Minnemeyer <kamiki1@...>
      To: "genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com"
      <genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 23:20:53 -0400

      <!--CTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
      "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dt--><span style="display:
      none;"> </span> <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStartT|**|-~--><div
      id="ygrp-mlmsg" style="position: relative;"><div id="ygrp-msg"
      style="z-index: 1;"><!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEndT|**|-~--><div
      half ago. Absolutely the best decision I have ever made. No more error
      messages, no more restarting because a program freezes, just a carefree
      computer.<br><br>I was using Legacy Deluxe for my genealogy. I loved the
      program and hated to give it up. But I saved all my files as gedcoms and
      imported them into iFamily. I used the free version for a while but
      wasn't happy with it. I have recently purchased MacFamily and am very
      happy with it. My files all imported correctly, including all sources.
      The only extra work I had to do was import my photos into the MacFamily
      2010, at 9:20 PM, "Bill Steele" <<a href="mailto:westeele%
      my genealogy files (PAF and Ancestral Quest) are PC based. I am
      considering moving to a MAC and I am curious if any on this group have
      made this transition? I understand that FTM is close to releasing a MAC
      based version. Any input would be appreciated -- Bill<br>> <br>>
      signature database 5365 (20100813) __________<br>> <br>> The
      message was checked by ESET Smart Security.<br>> <br>> <a
      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]<br>> <br>>
      style="height: 0px; color: #fff;"></div><!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEnd|
      **|-~--><!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~--><!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEnd|
      **|-~--><!-- end group email --></html>