German abbreviation "led."

  • Joy Weaver
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2010
      Cindy, thanks a million for this.
      Now that I see it written out, I remember seeing it in later entries on
      the Hamburg departures lists, too.

      May I ask one more question about the Wuerttemberg list? I forgot to
      ask this yesterday. Another line on the entry for Johann Jakob Weber,
      says: "Anzahl Kinder 1;" (Number of children 1) I don't think he
      was traveling with a child, so would this refer to the fact that he
      himself was under 21? (He'd have been 19, based on birthdate and
      departure date, though I think I've also found his ship manifest,
      arriving in NY a few weeks later and age given as 21 there).

      Joy