Lookup help: Asa Emmons

  • Barb Chandler
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2010
      I need help finding the parents of Asa Emmons.I've searched everywhere I can
      think; early Canadian records, Canadian land records, Canadian Anglican
      church archieves, Ancestry births in CT, Census records, etc., and have not
      been successful in finding the parents names of Asa Emmons. Asa was born
      about 1814. According to his obit and bio of Whitside Co. he was born in
      Kingston, Canada, however according to one of his census records he was born
      in CT. Asa was married 2x. He was married to Elizabeth Ann Bartlet December
      21, 1834 in PA then to Nancy Booth January 31, 1843 in Whiteside Co, IL. Asa
      died December 27, 1902 in Rock Falls, IL.

      His obit mentioned him having brothers named Leman (or L.L) and Issac or
      (I.B.) Emmons. Leman was born about 1822 in CT and died after 1902 in IL.
      Issac was born 1822 in CT and died July 23, 1904 in Garden Plain, IL.
      Although not mentioned in the obit, another brother was Samuel since a
      newspaper article read his son attended the funeral of his uncle Asa, also
      he married Nancy's sister and was born in 1813 in either Canada or CT and
      died July 23, 1904 in Tampico, Illinois

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Barb Chandler