Kansas Railroad Depot photos

  • Judy Perkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2010
      I'm looking for a photo of the Valencia, Shawnee County, Kansas railroad depot
      and also the Williamstown, Jefferson County, Kansas railroad depot, both of
      which are no longer in existence. I thought perhaps someone might have a photo
      of their family at one of these depots or know where I might look to find a
      photo. I have been to the several libraries and historical societies and have
      searched online but have had no luck.
      Thanking you in advance for any help you may offer.
      Judy

    • Peakcat@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2010
        Judy:

        My husband is a rail buff and I picked his brain for this information. As
        for Valencia, you might contact the Rock Island Historical Society and the
        true name of the train that ran through Valencia was the "Chicago, Rock
        Island, and Pacific railroad. As for Williamstown, you should contact the Union
        Pacific Historical Society and the railroad that ran through Williamstown
        was the Union Pacific. If you can also contact the Kansas State Library
        they may have pictures that are on post cards which is the way they are saved
        now.

        Good luck and good hunting.

        Ina Getzoff
        _Peakcat@..._ (mailto:Peakcat@...)