Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re:death look up please

  • Peggie Culbertson
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2 7:12 AM
      last that i know of she is living as a broader,with rutherford familin bond co ill in 1880 census.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3 4:06 PM
        I found her in the 1870 US Census.
        1870 United States Federal Census
        about Susannah Free
        Name: Susannah Free
        Birth Year: abt 1804
        Age in 1870: 66
        Birthplace: Pennsylvania
        Home in 1870: Township 7 Range 4, Bond, Illinois
        Race: White
        Gender: Female
        Value of real estate: View image
        Post Office: Elm Point
        Household Members:
        Name Age
        Simon Free 30
        John Free 7
        William Free 10
        Susannah Free 66

        I also found a Susannah Free in the Babeuf's Directory Of Springfield, Illinois And Sangamon County By Townships 1874-5.:
        Free, Susannah, wid., res., 805 E Miller.

        The 1880 US Census has this info:

        1880 United States Federal Census
        about Susannah Strong
        Name: Susannah Strong
        Home in 1880: Waterloo, Fayette, Indiana
        Age: 77
        Estimated birth year: abt 1803
        Birthplace: Maryland
        Relation to Head of Household: MotherL
        Father's birthplace: Pennsylvania
        Mother's birthplace: Pennsylvania
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Occupation: No Occupation
        Marital Status: Widowed
        Race: White
        Gender: Female
        Cannot read/write:

        Blind:

        Deaf and dumb:

        Otherwise disabled:

        Idiotic or insane:

        View image
        Household Members:
        Name Age
        Charles Hamilton 46
        Rachel Hamilton 45
        Laura Hamilton 18
        Charles Hamilton 16
        William Hamilton 14
        Mary Hamilton 13
        Rebecca Hamilton 9
        Kate Hamilton 7
        Susannah Strong 77

        There is another Strong family in this neighborhood. It looks like another of this Susannah's sons and lots more Hamiltons. I have put the Strong family below, but not the Hamiltons. Let me know and I will send that as well.

        1880 United States Federal Census
        about Henry Strong
        Name: Henry Strong
        Home in 1880: Waterloo, Fayette, Indiana
        Age: 37
        Estimated birth year: abt 1843
        Birthplace: Indiana
        Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head)
        Spouse's name: Missouri
        Father's birthplace: Virginia
        Mother's birthplace: Maryland
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Occupation: Farm Laborer
        Marital Status: Married
        Race: White
        Gender: Male
        Cannot read/write:

        Blind:

        Deaf and dumb:

        Otherwise disabled:

        Idiotic or insane:

        View image
        Household Members:
        Name Age
        Henry Strong 37
        Missouri Strong 33
        Alva Strong 9
        Leoti Strong 6

        Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the records.

        Have fun!

        Jean

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson <berickson49@...> wrote:

        > The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
        > County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Peggie Culbertson
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5 1:43 PM
          the first one is her. i dont know if the last two are her or not, but one sound like it. geives me something to check. thank you, go ahead  send me the rest please.

> [...]

          Race: White
          Gender: Male
          Cannot read/write:

          Blind:

          Deaf and dumb:

          Otherwise disabled:

          Idiotic or insane:

          View image
          Household Members:
          Name Age
          Henry Strong 37
          Missouri Strong 33
          Alva Strong 9
          Leoti Strong 6

          Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the records.

          Have fun!

          Jean

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson <berickson49@...> wrote:

          > The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
          > County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb

        • Peggie C
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28, 2011
            please can you email me the records. thank you if you can. peggie