Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re:death look up please

  • Peggie Culbertson
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2010
      last that i know of she is living as a broader,with rutherford familin bond co ill in 1880 census.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2010
        i have just got word from county clerk in bond by email. thank you for helping. susannah [strong] free did not die in ill .so now i dont know where she die.thank you

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2010
          I found her in the 1870 US Census.
          1870 United States Federal Census
          about Susannah Free
          Name: Susannah Free
          Birth Year: abt 1804
          Age in 1870: 66
          Birthplace: Pennsylvania
          Home in 1870: Township 7 Range 4, Bond, Illinois
          Race: White
          Gender: Female
          Value of real estate: View image
          Post Office: Elm Point
          Household Members:
          Name Age
          Simon Free 30
          John Free 7
          William Free 10
          Susannah Free 66

          I also found a Susannah Free in the Babeuf's Directory Of Springfield, Illinois And Sangamon County By Townships 1874-5.:
          Free, Susannah, wid., res., 805 E Miller.

          The 1880 US Census has this info:

          1880 United States Federal Census
          about Susannah Strong
          Name: Susannah Strong
          Home in 1880: Waterloo, Fayette, Indiana
          Age: 77
          Estimated birth year: abt 1803
          Birthplace: Maryland
          Relation to Head of Household: MotherL
          Father's birthplace: Pennsylvania
          Mother's birthplace: Pennsylvania
          Neighbors: View others on page
          Occupation: No Occupation
          Marital Status: Widowed
          Race: White
          Gender: Female
          Cannot read/write:

          Blind:

          Deaf and dumb:

          Otherwise disabled:

          Idiotic or insane:

          View image
          Household Members:
          Name Age
          Charles Hamilton 46
          Rachel Hamilton 45
          Laura Hamilton 18
          Charles Hamilton 16
          William Hamilton 14
          Mary Hamilton 13
          Rebecca Hamilton 9
          Kate Hamilton 7
          Susannah Strong 77

          There is another Strong family in this neighborhood. It looks like another of this Susannah's sons and lots more Hamiltons. I have put the Strong family below, but not the Hamiltons. Let me know and I will send that as well.

          1880 United States Federal Census
          about Henry Strong
          Name: Henry Strong
          Home in 1880: Waterloo, Fayette, Indiana
          Age: 37
          Estimated birth year: abt 1843
          Birthplace: Indiana
          Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head)
          Spouse's name: Missouri
          Father's birthplace: Virginia
          Mother's birthplace: Maryland
          Neighbors: View others on page
          Occupation: Farm Laborer
          Marital Status: Married
          Race: White
          Gender: Male
          Cannot read/write:

          Blind:

          Deaf and dumb:

          Otherwise disabled:

          Idiotic or insane:

          View image
          Household Members:
          Name Age
          Henry Strong 37
          Missouri Strong 33
          Alva Strong 9
          Leoti Strong 6

          Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the records.

          Have fun!

          Jean

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson <berickson49@...> wrote:

          > The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
          > County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Peggie Culbertson
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 5, 2010
            the first one is her. i dont know if the last two are her or not, but one sound like it. geives me something to check. thank you, go ahead  send me the rest please.

> [...]

            Race: White
            Gender: Male
            Cannot read/write:

            Blind:

            Deaf and dumb:

            Otherwise disabled:

            Idiotic or insane:

            View image
            Household Members:
            Name Age
            Henry Strong 37
            Missouri Strong 33
            Alva Strong 9
            Leoti Strong 6

            Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the records.

            Have fun!

            Jean

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson <berickson49@...> wrote:

            > The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
            > County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb

          • Peggie C
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 28, 2011
              please can you email me the records. thank you if you can. peggie