Re:death look up please

  • Joy Weaver
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2 5:00 AM
      Peggy,

      Where in IL was she living last you know? What year was that?

      Many people on this list are willing to help, but need a better starting
      point.

      Joy Weaver

    • Peggie Culbertson
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2 7:12 AM
        last that i know of she is living as a broader,with rutherford familin bond co ill in 1880 census.

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2 10:07 AM
          i have just got word from county clerk in bond by email. thank you for helping. susannah [strong] free did not die in ill .so now i dont know where she die.thank you

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3 4:06 PM
            I found her in the 1870 US Census.
            1870 United States Federal Census
            about Susannah Free
            Name: Susannah Free
            Birth Year: abt 1804
            Age in 1870: 66
            Birthplace: Pennsylvania
            Home in 1870: Township 7 Range 4, Bond, Illinois
            Race: White
            Gender: Female
            Value of real estate: View image
            Post Office: Elm Point
            Household Members:
            Name Age
            Simon Free 30
            John Free 7
            William Free 10
            Susannah Free 66

            I also found a Susannah Free in the Babeuf's Directory Of Springfield, Illinois And Sangamon County By Townships 1874-5.:
            Free, Susannah, wid., res., 805 E Miller.

            The 1880 US Census has this info:

            1880 United States Federal Census
            about Susannah Strong
            Name: Susannah Strong
            Home in 1880: Waterloo, Fayette, Indiana
            Age: 77
            Estimated birth year: abt 1803
            Birthplace: Maryland
            Relation to Head of Household: MotherL
            Father's birthplace: Pennsylvania
            Mother's birthplace: Pennsylvania
            Neighbors: View others on page
            Occupation: No Occupation
            Marital Status: Widowed
            Race: White
            Gender: Female
            Cannot read/write:

            Blind:

            Deaf and dumb:

            Otherwise disabled:

            Idiotic or insane:

            View image
            Household Members:
            Name Age
            Charles Hamilton 46
            Rachel Hamilton 45
            Laura Hamilton 18
            Charles Hamilton 16
            William Hamilton 14
            Mary Hamilton 13
            Rebecca Hamilton 9
            Kate Hamilton 7
            Susannah Strong 77

            There is another Strong family in this neighborhood. It looks like another of this Susannah's sons and lots more Hamiltons. I have put the Strong family below, but not the Hamiltons. Let me know and I will send that as well.

            1880 United States Federal Census
            about Henry Strong
            Name: Henry Strong
            Home in 1880: Waterloo, Fayette, Indiana
            Age: 37
            Estimated birth year: abt 1843
            Birthplace: Indiana
            Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head)
            Spouse's name: Missouri
            Father's birthplace: Virginia
            Mother's birthplace: Maryland
            Neighbors: View others on page
            Occupation: Farm Laborer
            Marital Status: Married
            Race: White
            Gender: Male
            Cannot read/write:

            Blind:

            Deaf and dumb:

            Otherwise disabled:

            Idiotic or insane:

            View image
            Household Members:
            Name Age
            Henry Strong 37
            Missouri Strong 33
            Alva Strong 9
            Leoti Strong 6

            Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the records.

            Have fun!

            Jean

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson <berickson49@...> wrote:

            > The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
            > County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Peggie Culbertson
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 5 1:43 PM
              the first one is her. i dont know if the last two are her or not, but one sound like it. geives me something to check. thank you, go ahead  send me the rest please.

> [...]

              Race: White
              Gender: Male
              Cannot read/write:

              Blind:

              Deaf and dumb:

              Otherwise disabled:

              Idiotic or insane:

              View image
              Household Members:
              Name Age
              Henry Strong 37
              Missouri Strong 33
              Alva Strong 9
              Leoti Strong 6

              Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the records.

              Have fun!

              Jean

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson <berickson49@...> wrote:

              > The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
              > County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb

            • Peggie C
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 28, 2011
                please can you email me the records. thank you if you can. peggie