Re: [Genealogy Research Club] death look up please

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2010
      The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
      County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2010
        Peggy,

        Where in IL was she living last you know? What year was that?

        Many people on this list are willing to help, but need a better starting
        point.

        Joy Weaver

      • Peggie Culbertson
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2010
          last that i know of she is living as a broader,with rutherford familin bond co ill in 1880 census.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2010
            i have just got word from county clerk in bond by email. thank you for helping. susannah [strong] free did not die in ill .so now i dont know where she die.thank you

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2010
              I found her in the 1870 US Census.
              1870 United States Federal Census
              about Susannah Free
              Name: Susannah Free
              Birth Year: abt 1804
              Age in 1870: 66
              Birthplace: Pennsylvania
              Home in 1870: Township 7 Range 4, Bond, Illinois
              Race: White
              Gender: Female
              Value of real estate: View image
              Post Office: Elm Point
              Household Members:
              Name Age
              Simon Free 30
              John Free 7
              William Free 10
              Susannah Free 66

              I also found a Susannah Free in the Babeuf's Directory Of Springfield, Illinois And Sangamon County By Townships 1874-5.:
              Free, Susannah, wid., res., 805 E Miller.

              The 1880 US Census has this info:

              1880 United States Federal Census
              about Susannah Strong
              Name: Susannah Strong
              Home in 1880: Waterloo, Fayette, Indiana
              Age: 77
              Estimated birth year: abt 1803
              Birthplace: Maryland
              Relation to Head of Household: MotherL
              Father's birthplace: Pennsylvania
              Mother's birthplace: Pennsylvania
              Neighbors: View others on page
              Occupation: No Occupation
              Marital Status: Widowed
              Race: White
              Gender: Female
              Cannot read/write:

              Blind:

              Deaf and dumb:

              Otherwise disabled:

              Idiotic or insane:

              View image
              Household Members:
              Name Age
              Charles Hamilton 46
              Rachel Hamilton 45
              Laura Hamilton 18
              Charles Hamilton 16
              William Hamilton 14
              Mary Hamilton 13
              Rebecca Hamilton 9
              Kate Hamilton 7
              Susannah Strong 77

              There is another Strong family in this neighborhood. It looks like another of this Susannah's sons and lots more Hamiltons. I have put the Strong family below, but not the Hamiltons. Let me know and I will send that as well.

              1880 United States Federal Census
              about Henry Strong
              Name: Henry Strong
              Home in 1880: Waterloo, Fayette, Indiana
              Age: 37
              Estimated birth year: abt 1843
              Birthplace: Indiana
              Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head)
              Spouse's name: Missouri
              Father's birthplace: Virginia
              Mother's birthplace: Maryland
              Neighbors: View others on page
              Occupation: Farm Laborer
              Marital Status: Married
              Race: White
              Gender: Male
              Cannot read/write:

              Blind:

              Deaf and dumb:

              Otherwise disabled:

              Idiotic or insane:

              View image
              Household Members:
              Name Age
              Henry Strong 37
              Missouri Strong 33
              Alva Strong 9
              Leoti Strong 6

              Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the records.

              Have fun!

              Jean

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson <berickson49@...> wrote:

              > The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
              > County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Peggie Culbertson
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 2010
                the first one is her. i dont know if the last two are her or not, but one sound like it. geives me something to check. thank you, go ahead  send me the rest please.

> [...]

                Race: White
                Gender: Male
                Cannot read/write:

                Blind:

                Deaf and dumb:

                Otherwise disabled:

                Idiotic or insane:

                View image
                Household Members:
                Name Age
                Henry Strong 37
                Missouri Strong 33
                Alva Strong 9
                Leoti Strong 6

                Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the records.

                Have fun!

                Jean

                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson <berickson49@...> wrote:

                > The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
                > County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb

              • Peggie C
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 28, 2011
                  please can you email me the records. thank you if you can. peggie