Need info: Margaret Grandfield Hayes ca. 1844 (Mass. or Maine) - d. unk (Calif.)

  • mdeweygardner
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 4:48 PM
      Hi all
      I am looking for more information about Margaret Grandfield, who married Cameron Hayes in Nebraska and had several children with him. I have census records from 1880 on through 1920 placing her in Nebraska, Wyoming, then Santa Clara County, California, where her children came of age. My wife is descended from Margaret and Cameron's son John Cameron Hayes. I have little information about J.C., Cameron, or Margaret.

      I know nothing about Margaret's parents other than that census records list her parents as being born in Ireland. On some census records she herself is listed as being born in Maine, others say Massachusetts.

      I presume she passed away after 1929, likely in California, as I have pictures of her with my wife's grandmother as a baby in the Santa Clara or San Jose region.

      I appreciate any assistance about her parents or any details other than what is offered on the census documents I've found.

      Thanks,
      Mark
    • mg
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3 12:22 PM
        There are Grandfields and Granfields found in the Dingle area of Ireland.  Many
        Irish immigrated to MA of course, but some also through Canada and New Brunswick
        especially and came down through Maine.  mg