Re: More help on DNA please -Eric

  • Judy Ardine
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 4:37 AM
      *sigh* This type of dis-information is exactly WHY we have so many
      reluctant to submit Y-DNA tests for genealogical purposes. The DNA
      collected for genealogy testing is what is referred to as "junk" DNA. It is
      NOT the type of DNA that can be used to determine paternity or any genetic
      diseases. AND, most of the genealogical testing facilities DESTROY the
      samples after a specific length of time. Or after the sample has been
      tested and results given. The basic Y-DNA test can only determine
      relationship to a man 7-10 generations removed from the person submitting
      the sample.