death look up please

  • Peggie C
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2010
      i need help, looking for anything that will tell me what year susannah [strong ]free die. last i can find records of her is in ill living with family simon free [son]. i would like to know so i can send for her death records. she was born 1803 or 04 pa peggie
    • barbara erickson
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1 2:12 PM
        The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
        County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2 5:00 AM
          Peggy,

          Where in IL was she living last you know? What year was that?

          Many people on this list are willing to help, but need a better starting
          point.

          Joy Weaver

        • Peggie Culbertson
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2 7:12 AM
            last that i know of she is living as a broader,with rutherford familin bond co ill in 1880 census.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 2 10:07 AM
              i have just got word from county clerk in bond by email. thank you for helping. susannah [strong] free did not die in ill .so now i dont know where she die.thank you

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3 4:06 PM
                I found her in the 1870 US Census.
                1870 United States Federal Census
                about Susannah Free
                Name: Susannah Free
                Birth Year: abt 1804
                Age in 1870: 66
                Birthplace: Pennsylvania
                Home in 1870: Township 7 Range 4, Bond, Illinois
                Race: White
                Gender: Female
                Value of real estate: View image
                Post Office: Elm Point
                Household Members:
                Name Age
                Simon Free 30
                John Free 7
                William Free 10
                Susannah Free 66

                I also found a Susannah Free in the Babeuf's Directory Of Springfield, Illinois And Sangamon County By Townships 1874-5.:
                Free, Susannah, wid., res., 805 E Miller.

                The 1880 US Census has this info:

                1880 United States Federal Census
                about Susannah Strong
                Name: Susannah Strong
                Home in 1880: Waterloo, Fayette, Indiana
                Age: 77
                Estimated birth year: abt 1803
                Birthplace: Maryland
                Relation to Head of Household: MotherL
                Father's birthplace: Pennsylvania
                Mother's birthplace: Pennsylvania
                Neighbors: View others on page
                Occupation: No Occupation
                Marital Status: Widowed
                Race: White
                Gender: Female
                Cannot read/write:

                Blind:

                Deaf and dumb:

                Otherwise disabled:

                Idiotic or insane:

                View image
                Household Members:
                Name Age
                Charles Hamilton 46
                Rachel Hamilton 45
                Laura Hamilton 18
                Charles Hamilton 16
                William Hamilton 14
                Mary Hamilton 13
                Rebecca Hamilton 9
                Kate Hamilton 7
                Susannah Strong 77

                There is another Strong family in this neighborhood. It looks like another of this Susannah's sons and lots more Hamiltons. I have put the Strong family below, but not the Hamiltons. Let me know and I will send that as well.

                1880 United States Federal Census
                about Henry Strong
                Name: Henry Strong
                Home in 1880: Waterloo, Fayette, Indiana
                Age: 37
                Estimated birth year: abt 1843
                Birthplace: Indiana
                Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head)
                Spouse's name: Missouri
                Father's birthplace: Virginia
                Mother's birthplace: Maryland
                Neighbors: View others on page
                Occupation: Farm Laborer
                Marital Status: Married
                Race: White
                Gender: Male
                Cannot read/write:

                Blind:

                Deaf and dumb:

                Otherwise disabled:

                Idiotic or insane:

                View image
                Household Members:
                Name Age
                Henry Strong 37
                Missouri Strong 33
                Alva Strong 9
                Leoti Strong 6

                Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the records.

                Have fun!

                Jean

                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson <berickson49@...> wrote:

                > The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
                > County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Peggie Culbertson
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5 1:43 PM
                  the first one is her. i dont know if the last two are her or not, but one sound like it. geives me something to check. thank you, go ahead  send me the rest please.

> [...]

                  Race: White
                  Gender: Male
                  Cannot read/write:

                  Blind:

                  Deaf and dumb:

                  Otherwise disabled:

                  Idiotic or insane:

                  View image
                  Household Members:
                  Name Age
                  Henry Strong 37
                  Missouri Strong 33
                  Alva Strong 9
                  Leoti Strong 6

                  Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the records.

                  Have fun!

                  Jean

                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson <berickson49@...> wrote:

                  > The last time I see her is 1880, living as a boarder in Cottonwood Grove, Bond
                  > County, Ill. she was widowed and 72 yrs old. Barb

                • Peggie C
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 28, 2011
                    please can you email me the records. thank you if you can. peggie