Re: Looking for help with a few grandfathers. Surnames are McCarl and Scully

  • jtmisz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2010
      Dear Cynthia: My name is Janet Paris Miszczuk. Samuel McCarl and Elizabeth Fonner were the parents of Belle McCarl. My maternal great grandfather, James Allison McCarl was her brother. He is buried in Oak Spring(s) Cemetery in Canonsburg, PA "next to his father".

      I have a xeroxed photograph of Samuel and Elizabeth Fonner McCarl, given to me by one of your cousins whose name I can easily look up
      if you are still interested. I tried, but couldn't copy it to this forum. If you send me a working e-mail address, I can send you a good bit of information from my Family Tree Maker files, along with sources. If you search records, please be aware that the McCarls, McCarrels an McCarrols are not necessarily related. As far as I have discovered so far, the McCarl men were usually farmers and James A. McCarl was a small town policeman who died on the job (the newspaper spelled his name wrong).

      You might be able to find information on the Scully family at The Citizens Library in Washington, PA or at the Bowlby Library in Waynesburg, PA.

      I'm always glad to share my research. Janet