[Brickwall]: William (Wilhelm) HENSS and Katharine (Catharina) KAEMMER

  • mark_f_rabideau
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2010
      Hello all,

      I need a little help....

      William (Wilhelm) Henss and Katharine (Catharina) Kaemmer probably both came from Hesse in Germany and were born around 1830 (according to the 1900 US Census records Dec 1831 for William and Nov 1829 for Katharine) . I am looking for any historical documentation regarding their births or marriage. Photos of graves or life would be most appreciated, also.

      I have a fairly well established genealogy and history for their lives in the US. They lived and loved in Wayland, Henry County Iowa. What I am most ardently attempting to establish is a clear link for them back into Germany before 1853- I have a tentative information set with which I am not completely comfortable. I do know that Katharine Kaemmer (name originally spelled as Catharina Kaemmer) came to the US from Lumda and through Bremen through port of Baltimore - all according to a metal tag on her trunk. She is reported to have come to the US in 1854 and William in 1853; both immigration dates are from US Census information.

      Their 1880 and 1870 Census data is also missing from my records. I hope to find copies of those as well as images of the 1895 Iowa Census.

      Any help, leads or pointers are most appreciated.

      (http://many-roads.com/2010/07/09/william-henss-katharine-kaemmer/)

      ...mark
    • Tammy Woommavovah
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2010
        Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but all I found.
        http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=recordResults&searchType=exact&surname=henss&spouse.surname=kammer

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2010
          The link below does not have the 2 you are looking for, but the name does
          not seem like it would be that common, so maybe these are some descendants
          of the 2 you are looking for.

          Good luck!

          http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSfn=&GSmn=&GSln=Kaemmer+&GSby=&GSbyrel=in&GSdy=&GSdyrel=in&GScntry=0&GSst=0&GSgrid=&GSob=n