Re: Help with a death record in French

  • celtharper
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 20, 2010
      Dear Joy,

      I think your documentation may be "sans autre renseignements"
      Which would translate as "without further information".
      I think this simply means that whoever recorded the death had no information regarding cause of death or the information typically required for a complete recording of the death.

      Slàn agus Beannachtai,
      Tristen

      > Is there anyone on this list who can read a handwritten French language
      > death record for me? I can't quite make out a phrase that looks
      > something like "sam auter remeignamants."
      >
      > If you can do it from that, I'd be grateful. If not, I have saved the
      > page from the Drouin records on which it appears and will send it to you
      > if you are willing to try.
      >
      >> Much thanks!
      > Joy Weaver
      > Islip, NY

    • Joy Weaver
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 21, 2010
        Thank you, Tristan. I had begun to think that might be the case
        myself. The entry really is devoid of information. It doesn't even
        have her age.

        I've had a kind offer from someone on this list who reads French better
        than I do to check it out and have sent him the information for the look-up.

        Joy