Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Find A Grave Site

  • Kel
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
      How do you go about finding people who are looking for these photos? Is there a group that has a message board or something? Just wondering because I have a camera and will travel...Marsha

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
        I agree. I respond to local requests also. Also when we are out traveling as we do a lot on the weekends I take my digital camera. If there is a small cemetary we stop and I will photograph it. I have one disc for my camera that is for cemetarys only. I take a picture of the cemetery name first so that if I go to more than one in the day I can distinguish one pictures are for that one.

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "DABennink" <dabennink@...> wrote:

        > You can also post requests for photos on their site. I respond to many local requests.
        >
        > I would caution you about believing everything you find on findagrave, however. I've seen many, many incorrectly noted dates, incorrectly noted relatives and other errors. Like any other user-sourced information, it needs to be taken with a degree of skepticism.
        >
        > Dawn

      • DABennink
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
          :oD Sexton, not sextant. I do that ALL THE TIME! :oD

          Dawn

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
            I signed up today for this project and hope I will be able to help some people out...Marsha