Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Elbing Prussia area addressbook help...

  • Mary Stewart
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2010
      Hi Mark!
      Thanx so much!  I know what I'll be doing the rest of today!!!
      Thanx again!
      Mary

      From: Mary Stewart <mary.stewart52@...>

      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Elbing Prussia area addressbook

      help...

      Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 19:08:41 -0700 (PDT)

      Mailer: YahooMailClassic/11.0.8 YahooMailWebService/0.8.103.269680

      Hi Mark! Thanx for the link! Looks like some great info there!

      Do you know of any Prussia/Germany genealogy links?

      Thanx again, and good luck!

      Mary

      From: Mark Rabideau <genealogy@...>

      help...

      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

      Cc: jhrabideau@..., becky@...

      Date: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 9:15 PM

      Hi Mary

      The Nordhausen I know is not very close to Elbing see:

      http://1911encyclopedia.org/Nordhausen. GoogleEarth says it is about

      400 miles South-Southwest of today's Elblag, Poland (formerly Elbing,

      Prussia).

      Hopefully the above is the Nordhausen you seek. Often though there

      were/are multiple towns with the same names like Springfield in the

      US....

      Pax Vobiscum,

      ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

      Visit us at: http://many-roads.com

      Snail mail at:

      711 Nob Hill Trail

      Franktown,CO USA 80116-8717

      Mailer: YahooMailClassic/11.0.8 YahooMailWebService/0.8.103.269680

      Hi Mark! I wish I could contribute ... really ... but lost my job ...

      A set of my great x2 grandparents were born in Prussia (Carl Henry

      Ru(e)bsamen & Johanna Spies Ru(e)bsamen ... came over in 1853 ...

      passinger manifest says they had resided in Nordhausen when they

      left ... was wondering if you knew what district, or whatever they

      called states etc, Nordhausen was in at that time, and where it is now?

      I'm trying to find where records might be?

      Thanx,

      Mary

      From: mark_f_rabideau <genealogy@...>

      help...

      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 12:52 PM

      Hello all,

      I am trying to gather all available Elbing (Prussia) area addressbooks

      on ManyRoads for everyone to read and access.

      Yesterday I found three issues available on CD (1934, 1902, 1896) that I

      do not have currently. They cost about 18 Euros each. Is anyone

      interested in helping me fund the purchase of these? Or better yet does

      anyone have electronic versions of these that I can copy and make

      available on ManyRoads for all to share?

      My current collection of Elbing, Graudenz, Bromberg, Danzig, Zoppot,

      Koniz, Stolp, Memelland und Thorn addressbooks may be access at:

      http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/adressbucher/

      Cheers,

      ...mark (genealogy@...)

      Hallo Liebe Listies

      Ich versuche alle von Elbingsadressbuecher auf ManyRoads zubringen so

      dass Jeder kann die alle in eine Bibliotek finden und lesen.

      Gestern habe ich drei neue Adressbuecher gefunden, den 1934, 1902 und

      1896, aber die kosten fast 18 Euro der Stueck. Hat jemand Intresse mit

      etwas Spende mir um diese Projekt zu helfen? Oder hat jemand diese

      Buecher frueher gekauft auf CD oder so etwas aehnliches... die ich

      'kopieren kann'?

      Alle Elbinger, Graudenz, Bromberg, Danzig, Zoppot, Koniz, Stolp,

      Memelland und Thorn die ich bis jetzt gefunden habe liegen hier:

      http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/adressbucher/

      mfg

      ...mark (genealogy@...)