Help finding a small childs record

  • itsaboutclay
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2010
      Hi, I am looking for the birth record, or any record for a Norman Duplessis, born about 1935 in Waterbury or Wolcott Connecticut and passed away on 03 Apr 1938 as a result of a fire. I have the newspaper article but I am unable to find his record in Ancestry.com at all. His family is French Canadian so he may have several first names, but I do know they all called him Norman, it could be Joseph Roland Norman Duplessis, just a thought. Can anyone help me find any record of him? His father was Joseph Georges Duplessis and his mother was Marie Jeanne Lacombe, both born in Quebec, Canada. Now the family had to move back to Canada because of of the fallout of World War I. I know two of the children were born while they were back in Canada, one in 1932 but I do not believe Norman was born in Quebec. Any help is appreciated...Marsha
    • circa_1948
      Message 2 of 4 , May 24, 2010
        Marsha,
        Not sure if it'll help, but there is mention of a C. B. H. Duplessis at http://nutrias.org/~nopl/inv/next%20of%20kin.htm
        It's logical being in New Orleans, his/her being of French ancestry.
        Sunny

        Hi, I am looking for the birth record, or any record for a Norman Duplessis, born about 1935 in Waterbury or Wolcott Connecticut and passed away on 03 Apr 1938 as a result of a fire. I have the newspaper article but I am unable to find his record in Ancestry.com at all. His family is French Canadian so he may have several first names, but I do know they all called him Norman, it could be Joseph Roland Norman Duplessis, just a thought. Can anyone help me find any record of him? His father was Joseph Georges Duplessis and his mother was Marie Jeanne Lacombe, both born in Quebec, Canada. Now the family had to move back to Canada because of of the fallout of World War I. I know two of the children were born while they were back in Canada, one in 1932 but I do not believe Norman was born in Quebec. Any help is appreciated...Marsha

      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010
          Name: Joseph Gaetan Normand Duplessis
          Event Year: 1936
          Event: Naissance (Birth)
          Religion: Catholique
          Place of Worship or Institution: Montréal (Ste-Cécile)
          Province: Québec (Quebec)
          At Ancestry

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "circa_1948" <circa_1948@...> wrote:

          > Marsha,
          > Not sure if it'll help, but there is mention of a C. B. H. Duplessis at http://nutrias.org/~nopl/inv/next%20of%20kin.htm
          > It's logical being in New Orleans, his/her being of French ancestry.
          > Sunny

        • Kel
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010
            I saw that one, but unfortunately it doesn't fit since it appears the people listed in the baptismal record are probably her parents and those names are incorrect for Normand's parents. Also I have spoken to two of my husband's sisters and they both say that Normand was definitely born in Waterbury CT not Quebec. Also they said that they believe he was 5 when he died in a fire and the fire was 03 Apr 1938. The newspaper article says he was 3 years old but given the date of birth for his siblings born at that time he just couldn't be three. I am thinking he was at least 4 years old. I have faxed the Cemetery that he is interred at to see if they have his date of birth listed, unfortunately he does not have a marker on his place of rest.
            Thank you anyway for trying to find him...Marsha