Re: Post a Genealogy Brickwall!!

  • tenmans38@aol.com
    Message 1 of 23 , May 10, 2010
      Thanks Stacey,
      I did email that website I had posted before for help and this was the
      response.

      ====If George Thompson is buried in Centenary it is an unmarked grave and
      in the Thompson plot area.

      ====I would have taken pics of all marked Thompson markers on that visit
      as one of my main NE Iowa lines is the Thompson's out of Harford.Co.MD. I
      was trying to find a connection to the NE Iowa and NE MO Thompson's for a
      long time so was/am always on the lookout for Thompson material. Plus the
      Thompson's were some of the very first white settlers in Pike and Ralls Co's.

      So as you can see I came up with nothing.:-(
      I have wondered if there might be a Library close by there that
      would have a record of his death. Maybe even as a newspaper
      listing.But its to far away for me to reach. Maybe if I could find
      someone there (even a Library) that would offer to help me.
      This means I would have to also hope that a Library close by
      would have a death listing (that a volunteer took the time to make)
      of people that died in the 1800's. My Library does for those years.
      The death listing would say something like this:George Thompson
      (after finding it listed under the T's for-or Thompson) died on month
      in 18?? and is posted in this local newspaper on that date.Then
      that person looking at a roll of newspaper (for that month and year)
      film would go to that dates listings.The obit should list a wife (if
      living)
      and all living siblings. Harrison (or Benjamin)would be a sibling and
      any others would be new info.Now if I could just find one volunteer
      that lived in that area to do all that for a weekend or two.What hope is
      there of that?Maybe if there was a genealogy group in that area?
      I will check out the link you posted maybe I could talk to someone
      else who knows something there.

      Mike

      Posted by: "Stacey Olsen"
      One way you could request information about this cemetery is to go to
      _http://www.findagrahttp://www.http://www.http://&CRid=CRid=&CScn=CScn=<&CSc
      ntry=C&CSst=26&_
      (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=27994&CScn=centen&CScntry=4&CSst=26&)
      and if you know that he was buried there, you can create a memorial and
      request a photo.

      Good Luck!
      Stacey Olsen

      (_http://public.http://pubhttp://publihttp://public.<Whttp://publhttp://pu_