One of my brick walls...

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2010
      An ancestor named Dana Dennis Edwards from Freeport, Maine....who was born in Freeport in 1896...

      For some odd reason in 1917 he enlisted in the Canadian military for WW I.  On his enlistment papers he claimed he was born in Toronto Canada, and in 1897.  It's also the last document I can find for him.

      My questions:

      -Why did he enlist in Canada?

      -Why did he lie about his place and year of birth?

      -If he died in WW I, how would I find that out for sure?  I can't seem to find a series of documents on Ancestry for that.

      Thanks,
      Scott Leonard
      San Francisco, CA