Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Advice on a Robinson brick-wall ?

  • Robin McClure
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2010
      Hi Craig,
      You are welcome. I think the thing that makes this a strong possibility
      would be that I noticed the Elizabeth on the marriage certificate's last
      name is Lloyd and the Elizabeth you are looking for named her first son
      Emmet Lloyd...and many times the first son would carry the maiden name of
      the mother.

      That in addition to the marriage date and the fact that when I used
      pilot.familysearch.org to manipulate the search engine using the criteria
      you gave I could only find one James married to an Elizabeth. James M. B.
      just stuck out.

      Of course I would not accept this right away. I would proceed to search out
      the death certificates of each of the known children of this couple. I
      would also look for any who lived to draw Social Security and order the
      original applications. I would also use the New York Collections at Record
      Search to locate any other type records which are there (marriage).
      Search engines sometimes are tricky. Try using different data and using the
      least amoutn as possible. Look for other records such as church records.
      Go to wiki.familysearch.org and search on the state of New York to see any
      other known records that may exist.

      Search out the children of the parents on the marriage certificate to
      confirm. Check these resources often because 1000's of images/indexes are
      being added each month.

      There is a great possibility you will discover more.

      Sincerely,
      Robin