Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Danish records

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2 6:40 PM
      Hi, if you don't have Ancestry.com go to www.cyndislist.com for a lot of help. Do you have any dates so that any of us can check out? Barb

      ________________________________
      From: vonprintzen <vonprintzen@...>
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, May 2, 2010 5:24:09 PM
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Danish records

      I am trying to find details of the birth of one of my ancestors - Friderich Wilhelm Printzen. I have found both him and his son Henrich Wilhelm in the Naval officers list and now have the birth record for Henrich in 1734 (through Arkivieronline. dk) but have so far been unable to find Friderich who, according to the naval records, was born in 1697. I would appreciate any help. Cheers, Melva

    • Melva Maguire
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3 9:21 AM
        Hi - The only date I have for Friderich Wilhelm is what I believe is his birth year and that was recorded in the navalhistory.dk/danish officererne list.   I found his son Henrich Wilhelm also on that list, with his birth date given as 15-11-1734.    I have also found a record of Fredrich's marriage to a Susanne Elisabeth Letang on 22 October 1734 at Holmens Sogn, Kobenhavn and records of the birth of two sons - one was Henrich Wilhelm and the other Marquard Ludvig.    I find  the differing spellings of names difficult but believe I am on the right track    Finding a record of Frederik Wilhelm should open the door for me.   He is listed as Kaptajnlojtnant on the family group report.     I haven't found any details about Henrich - whether he married and when he died but have the other son (Marquard Ludvig as marrying a Johanne Francisca Toxverd on 1 Jan 1785 and dying in Korsor Slagelse, Soro in 1809.     Any help would be much
        appreciated.     Melva

        Message 3 of 4 , May 3 12:55 PM
          Hi Barbara - Just noticed I didn't put in the various surnames for my family - they are:  Printz, Printzen, von Printz, von Printzen, even PreuBen - therein lies my confusion.   My g.grandfather had the last name on the passenger list when he arrived here.       Melva