Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Post a Genealogy Brickwall!! Parsons/Twombly

  • Kate
    Message 1 of 23 , May 2, 2010

      Parsons
      40

      Hiram
      Parsons
      14

      Daniel
      Parsons
      16

      Source Citation: Year: 1850; Census Place: Dover, Piscataquis, Maine; Roll  M432_267;
      Page: 286B; Image: 220.1860 United States Federal Census

      Name:
      Ira E Parsons

      Age in 1860:
      32

      Birth Year:
      abt 1828

      Birthplace:
      Maine

      Home in 1860:
      Atkinson, Piscataquis, Maine

      Gender:
      Male

      Post Office:
      South Atkinson

      Value of real estate:
      View
      image

      Household Members:

      Name
      Age

      Ira
      E Parsons
      32

      Alvina
      Parsons
      26

      Susan
      C Parsons
      6

      Alonzo
      Parsons
      3

      Frederic
      Parsons
      2

      Source Citation: Year: 1860; Census Place: Atkinson, Piscataquis, Maine; Roll  M653_433;
      Page: 775; Image: 19; Family History Library Film: 803433.1870 United States Federal Census

      Name:
      Ira E Parsons

      Birth Year:
      abt 1832

      Age in 1870:
      38

      Birthplace:
      Maine

      Home in 1870:
      Orono, Penobscot, Maine

      Race:
      White

      Gender:
      Male

      Value of real estate:
      View
      image

      Post Office:
      Orono

      Household Members:

      Name
      Age

      Ira
      E Parsons
      38

      Evina
      Parsons
      34

      Alonzo
      Parsons
      14

      Fred
      Parsons
      12

      Charles
      Parsons
      10

      William
      Parsons
      8

      Frank
      Parsons
      6

      Kinelia
      Parsons
      4

      Irene
      Parsons
      65

      Source Citation: Year: 1870; Census Place: Orono, Penobscot, Maine; Roll  M593_555;
      Page: 353A; Image: 230; Family History Library Film: 552054.1880 United States Federal Census

      Name:
      Ira E. Parsons

      Home in 1880:
      Orono, Penobscot, Maine

      Age:
      49

      Estimated birth year:
      abt 1831

      Birthplace:
      Maine

      Relation to Head of Household:
      Self (Head)

      Spouse's name:
      Elvira

      Father's birthplace:
      Maine

      Mother's Name:
      Irene

      Mother's birthplace:
      Maine

      Neighbors:
      View
      others on page

      Occupation:
      Blacksmith

      Marital Status:
      Married

      Race:
      White

      Gender:
      Male

      Cannot read/write:

      Blind:

      Deaf
      and dumb:

      Otherwise disabled:

      Idiotic or insane:
      View
      image

      Household Members:

      Name
      Age

      Ira
      E. Parsons
      49

      Elvira
      Parsons
      44

      Alonzo
      D. Parsons
      24

      Charles
      Parsons
      19

      Frank
      Parsons
      15

      Cornelia
      A. Parsons
      14

      Lorin
      D. Parsons
      12

      Sarah
      J. Parsons
      8

      Arthur
      M. Parsons
      6

      Irene
      Parsons
      66

      Message 2 of 23 , May 2, 2010
        Thank you all for the help that you sent...I didn't explain it well I guess, I should have said I didn't know what happened to Hiram or Daniel Parsons after the 1840 census, Irene, their mother seems to have moved in with Ira, her eldest...but again, thanks for the incredibly quick responses...

      • tenmans38@aol.com
        Message 3 of 23 , May 3, 2010
          Ok I need some help.
          I am looking for my Great great Grandpa George Thompson.
          He was born in Kentucky in about 1820 (but I suspect it was
          10 or 11 years earlier).His wife's name unknown was from Ohio.
          They had a son named Harrison B (Benjamin) Thompson born
          Jan 22 1835 in Kentucky.The death certificates of some of Harrison
          oldest children (including my grandpa) place them at Clarksville
          Missouri when they were born. I have seen it listed on the Mormon
          pedigree (which always has the births at least 10 to 11 years off
          but gets most of the few deaths dates right)that George Thompson
          was buried in centenary cem,Ralls Mo.

          Early Sunday morning I located that cemetery web site (I am posting
          it below) and found one of Harrison's sons and wife posted as well
          as one of his Daughter's and her husband thru photographs posted.
          I saw no listing of George Thompson but he should be there. Would
          it be possible to ask them and maybe even get birth and death dates
          of my grandpa who likely was born around 1809 or 1810?
          Please check out the link below.

          Mike

          _Centernary Cem Ralls Co Missouri album | Iowaz iowaz @ swbell.net |
          Fotki.com_
          (http://public.fotki.com/iowaz/ralls-county-missouri/centernary-cem-rall/)

          Posted by: "TinaS"
          We have had some great sucess lately with helping people break down those
          genealogy brickwalls.

          Post all relevant information and let's see if we can help you break that
          wall!!

          Remember, do not just post names. Include dates and places so that we can
          help you. just names does not help us locate anyone.

          Just waiting to help,
          TolkSteel

        • Carol
          Message 4 of 23 , May 3, 2010
            Hi,

            Thank you for the offer to help! My great grandfather's parents are my
            current brick wall.

            What I do know about my grgrandfather: GELETTE, Montraville William
            (or Willard) birth: 18/05/1844 Warsaw, Hancock, County., Illinois

            Enlisted on union side: La Crosse, WI, 20/12/1863 Company I, 2nd. WI
            Cavalry.

            What Montraville states on his pension papers is that he resided in Britts
            Landing, WI, prior to or at the time of his enlistment.

            His parents MAY be GELETTE, Reuben and Lydia.

            If I can provide any more info, please let me kow.

            Carol

            _____

            Message 5 of 23 , May 3, 2010
              I am going to finally ask for some help. My paternal grandfather is supposed to be Horace A. Davis, born in R.I., or PA on 20 Aug 1853. . He is listed in numerous census reports as being born in both. The problem is that I cannot find him in any records other than the census reports, birth, marriage, or death and that seems impossible. He was married to a Ada/Adeline/Addie/Adda J. Bean according to the family Bible on 04 Mar 1875, I have that she was born in NY in 1860 and died in NY 18 Oct 1930. He supposedly died in Mar 1940. Can anyone find any of these records anywhere? I really do not feel that I can take this line further until I am positive of these facts and have at least one piece of conclusive proof. Thank you so much...Marsha

            • Robin McClure
              Message 6 of 23 , May 3, 2010
                Hi Carol,
                I noticed a few resources at FamilySearch Wiki are being added to the Hancock
                County Illinois
                <https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Hancock_County,_Illinois>page. If
                you click on the Family History Library Catalog link under
                websites, select vital records, you will find this resource which can be
                order at a local FHC:
                Birth certificates, death records, marriage records, applications for
                marriage licenses,
                1829-1947<http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=196973&disp=Birth+certificates%2C+death+records%2C+m>
                Hancock County (Illinois). County Clerk

                I also found some other interesting items which I do not know if you have
                seen:
                1880 United States Federal Census 1880 United States Federal Census
                Name: Montraville Geletls
                [Montraville Gelette]
                <javascript:TGN.Ancestry.Search.Orem.DoOrem(32890260)> Home
                in 1880: Parkers Prairie, Otter Tail, Minnesota Age: 36 Estimated birth
                year: abt 1844 Birthplace: Illinois Relation to Head of Household: Self
                (Head) Spouse's name: Mary S. Father's birthplace: New York Mother's
                birthplace: New York Neighbors: Occupation: Farmer Marital Status: Married
                Race: White Gender: Male
                Cannot read/write:

                Blind:

                Deaf and dumb:

                Otherwise disabled:

                Idiotic or insane:
                <http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=view&r=an&dbid=6742&iid=MNT9_629-0007&fn=Montraville&ln=Geletls&st=r&ssrc=&pid=32890260>

                Household Members: Name Age Montraville
                Geletls<http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1880usfedcen&indiv=try&h=32890260>
                36 Mary S. Geletls<http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1880usfedcen&indiv=try&h=48071728>
                30 Rebecca E. Geletls<http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1880usfedcen&indiv=try&h=32890261>
                9 Eleonora Geletls<http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1880usfedcen&indiv=try&h=33228514>
                8 Montraville Geletls<http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1880usfedcen&indiv=try&h=33228587>
                4 Rosa Geletls<http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1880usfedcen&indiv=try&h=24279680>
                2 Bertha E. Geletls<http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1880usfedcen&indiv=try&h=24279819>
                9M George Restorff<http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1880usfedcen&indiv=try&h=32890042>
                20
                Also please confirm: 1895
                Census<http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=recordResults&searchType=close&surname=gelette>

                and check these databases:
                http://www.genealogyplace.com/surnames/g06261112.html

                US 1850 Census 7years old Montivelle Gillet:
                http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#searchType=close&birthYear=1844&birthPlaceId=14&birthPlaceLoc1=Illinois%2C%20United%20States&surname=gilette&p=recordResults

                1840 US Census Gillette in Hancock County Illinois:
                View Record Name Residence
                (City,County,State) View Image
                Saml Gillett Hancock, Illinois
                <http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=8057&iid=4411225_00980&fn=Saml&ln=Gillett&st=d&ssrc=&pid=3084906>

                Truman Gillett

                Hancock, Illinois

                Sincerely,
                Robin

                On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Carol <minisntrees@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > Thank you for the offer to help! My great grandfather's parents are my
                > current brick wall.
                >
                > What I do know about my grgrandfather: GELETTE, Montraville William
                > (or Willard) birth: 18/05/1844 Warsaw, Hancock, County., Illinois
                >
                > Enlisted on union side: La Crosse, WI, 20/12/1863 Company I, 2nd. WI
                > Cavalry.
                >
                > What Montraville states on his pension papers is that he resided in Britts
                > Landing, WI, prior to or at the time of his enlistment.
                >
                > His parents MAY be GELETTE, Reuben and Lydia.
                >
                > If I can provide any more info, please let me kow.
                >
                > Carol
                >
                > _____
                >
                > From: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com<genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>
                > [mailto:genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com<genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>]
                > On Behalf Of TinaS
                >
                > We have had some great sucess lately with helping people break down those
                > genealogy brickwalls.
                >
                > Post all relevant information and let's see if we can help you break that
                > wall!!
                >
                > Remember, do not just post names. Include dates and places so that we can
                > help you. just names does not help us locate anyone.
                >
                > Just waiting to help,
                > TolkSteel

                > 04:34:00

                About Me:
                http://www.google.com/profiles/robin.savingstories
                Heritage Makers Business: http://heritagemakers.com/171733
                Latest Book: http://bit.ly/Eyes2See
                LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robin-mcclure/20/8b6/992
                Robin's Family History Store:
                http://astore.amazon.com/savistor-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=1

                Grow Your family Tree With FamilySearch Products!
                Forums (My Profile): http://forums.familysearch.org/en/member.php?u=88
                Wiki: https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Main_Page

              • Arlene Miles
                Message 7 of 23 , May 4, 2010
                  Have you tried GenWeb for the two states you mentioned? You should check FamilySearch.org also.
                   Arlene

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 23 , May 4, 2010
                    I have checked FamilySearch.org and there is nothing. I am going to look at GenWeb. Kate found the list of burials for quite a few of my family on Rootsweb so that is a huge help too. Thanks to all for helping me with this stumbling block...Marsha

                    Message 9 of 23 , May 7, 2010
                      One way you could request information about this cemetery is to go to
                      http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=27994&CScn=centen&CScntry=4&CSst=26&
                      and if you know that he was buried there, you can create a memorial and
                      request a photo.

                      Good Luck!
                      Stacey Olsen

                    • tenmans38@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 10, 2010
                        Thanks Stacey,
                        I did email that website I had posted before for help and this was the
                        response.

                        ====If George Thompson is buried in Centenary it is an unmarked grave and
                        in the Thompson plot area.

                        ====I would have taken pics of all marked Thompson markers on that visit
                        as one of my main NE Iowa lines is the Thompson's out of Harford.Co.MD. I
                        was trying to find a connection to the NE Iowa and NE MO Thompson's for a
                        long time so was/am always on the lookout for Thompson material. Plus the
                        Thompson's were some of the very first white settlers in Pike and Ralls Co's.

                        So as you can see I came up with nothing.:-(
                        I have wondered if there might be a Library close by there that
                        would have a record of his death. Maybe even as a newspaper
                        listing.But its to far away for me to reach. Maybe if I could find
                        someone there (even a Library) that would offer to help me.
                        This means I would have to also hope that a Library close by
                        would have a death listing (that a volunteer took the time to make)
                        of people that died in the 1800's. My Library does for those years.
                        The death listing would say something like this:George Thompson
                        (after finding it listed under the T's for-or Thompson) died on month
                        in 18?? and is posted in this local newspaper on that date.Then
                        that person looking at a roll of newspaper (for that month and year)
                        film would go to that dates listings.The obit should list a wife (if
                        living)
                        and all living siblings. Harrison (or Benjamin)would be a sibling and
                        any others would be new info.Now if I could just find one volunteer
                        that lived in that area to do all that for a weekend or two.What hope is
                        there of that?Maybe if there was a genealogy group in that area?
                        I will check out the link you posted maybe I could talk to someone
                        else who knows something there.

                        Mike

                        Posted by: "Stacey Olsen"
                        One way you could request information about this cemetery is to go to
                        _http://www.findagrahttp://www.http://www.http://&CRid=CRid=&CScn=CScn=<&CSc
                        ntry=C&CSst=26&_

                        (_http://public.http://pubhttp://publihttp://public.<Whttp://publhttp://pu_
                        (http://public.fotki.com/iowaz/ralls-county-missouri/centernary-cem-rall/) )