Brick wall: Edward Maslin Hulme (U of I and Stanford Prof) from England

  • mdeweygardner
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2010
      Edward Maslin Hulme 1871 (or 1869) - 1951... I have tons of information about HIM (marriage, census, children, emploment, etc.) but I have not yet been able to confirm more than his parents' first names: Thomas and Anna, and I know they were from England and settled in Portland, Oregon for a time. I'm curious about Thomas and Anna (including her maiden name) and anything from their English roots. Unfortunately, there were literally hundreds of Thomas Hulme/Hulmes/Hume/Humes which fit the time frame for Edward's father, and a good number of them married an Annie, Ann, or Anna. Quite the puzzle.

      Edward's brother Charles is in my wife's line, but Edward being a bit more prominent (Charles was a plumber in Portland) I was hoping I could find more by researching Edward.

      I'm tinkering with a few other brick walls people have posted here, but I'm rather a novice... I'll share if I do find anything!
      Thanks,
      Mark